• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What would be your perfect tablet?

Cell phone, desktop whatever?

My cell would be the same moto edge, only this timw will have automatic screen time off, also will be able to switch accessable information, even the subjects I do not even think about, would pop up in the home screen.

Filter twilight app, that is easy on the eyes no matter what, that is a given for those who spend most of the time online.

1. The device would need to have a strong processor and RAM.
2. Would need a lot of space to store files.
3. Screen and camera is really not a very big issue for me.
4.Price would have to be reasonable compared to the phone's specifications.
5. Fill the phone with a couple of games and other useful software's such as banking apps, maps etc.

Upvote 0
5. Fill the phone with a couple of games and other useful software's such as banking apps, maps etc.
Noooo, no, no, no! Games and banking apps are very personal, so the apps you choose there will be junk to 99.5% of other buyers of the phone. These are the sort of thing you should never pre-install on a phone - leave people to install the ones they want.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
My requirements for a tablet are an active stylus for input, battery life, ease of integration with a range of presentation systems, and straightforward file transfer with other devices (computers more important than phones). The screen should be no "wider" than 16:10, a squarer aspect ratio like 3:2 or 4:3 is better (I use tablets for work rather than watching movies, others may have different preferences but this is my ideal device). Apps that actually make use of the tablet's screen are very desirable, for some apps split screen or windowed operation is preferable (e.g. calculators can never make sense when run full screen on a tablet).

For a phone: compact enough that it can be used one-handed without risk of dropping (no more than 70mm wide, 64-68 would be better). Battery life is far more important than fast charging. I'd rather not have a notch or punch hole (if it's my ideal device I'm perfectly happy without a front-facing camera). Radio reception should be good. Internal storage 128GB minimum, more or expansion is desirable. There should be a headphone jack, backed by a decent DAC and amp. Earpiece and mic should provide good call quality. Long software support period (3 years, the maximum offered by any Android OEM, should be the minimum, 5 years would be better). Only absolute essentials for the device to function should be pre-installed, everything else should be removable. No non-programmable app-specific buttons ("active edge", "Google Assistant button", etc). All app permissions should be user-controllable, and apps should not prompt you to enable permissions unless they are needed for something you are actually doing at that moment. System software should block tracking by default, any activity monitoring should require a clear and informed opt-in and there must be no indirect tracking of things you think you have turned off (i.e. not Google's business model). Everything should use open standards and protocols, no "lock-in" features that only work with one manufacturer's products (i.e. not Apple's business model).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All apps should not run into the background, a fair amount of space to even work with, yeah games are too personal to me, as well, they can touch your inner mose thoughts and make you dream up something wicked too. Compatible for compact, not too small or heavy either, possibly a light weight one, for like if you have to carry it from room to room, but good enough processor that able to run really quick as well - add in what Hadon said too. Easy way how to fix the stylus too, not too complicated either, able to unscrew it from the middle and have it all sprung out like a mechanical pencil. Able to have light weight too, backwards from table to cell, without having to change it. From different modelator to modelators too.

Cell phone, able to have a converter for whatever music streaming service you have, direct download to the UEFI, able to have it connect wirelessly with your other systems, able to back up your comp, really priceless photos you always wanted to keep, foldable too, having it towards a girl's prospecitve to see if they are able to fold it and put it in their pocketbook, all the fixings too, (i.e. able to have facial, thumbprint, lockscreen numbers, eye scanner, voice commandable lock screen.) That added with able to connect throughout several multipule blu tooth to able to jump the music to one device to another.

Upvote 0
All apps should not run into the background, a fair amount of space to even work with, yeah games are too personal to me, as well, they can touch your inner mose thoughts and make you dream up something wicked too. Compatible for compact, not too small or heavy either, possibly a light weight one, for like if you have to carry it from room to room, but good enough processor that able to run really quick as well - add in what Hadon said too. Easy way how to fix the stylus too, not too complicated either, able to unscrew it from the middle and have it all sprung out like a mechanical pencil. Able to have light weight too, backwards from table to cell, without having to change it. From different modelator to modelators too.

Cell phone, able to have a converter for whatever music streaming service you have, direct download to the UEFI, able to have it connect wirelessly with your other systems, able to back up your comp, really priceless photos you always wanted to keep, foldable too, having it towards a girl's prospecitve to see if they are able to fold it and put it in their pocketbook, all the fixings too, (i.e. able to have facial, thumbprint, lockscreen numbers, eye scanner, voice commandable lock screen.) That added with able to connect throughout several multipule blu tooth to able to jump the music to one device to another.

Whattttttttttttttt? :O

Upvote 0
My perfect tablet would be: 10" 1080p Gorilla Glass 5 screen, 8GB/256GB with micro SD up to 2TB, decent SOC MediaTek/Snapdragon/Kirin Just so long as it's up to some current gaming and software development. dual 5G SIMs, big removable battery USB C, headphone and full size HDMI ports. And dual boot Android (with 5 years support) and Linux. Obviously Bluetooth5/BLE and n/ac dual band wifi and FM radio. Some really to end stereo speakers. 5MP selfie camera (enough for Zoom and other video chat/calling things) and a 16MP rear camera (both with Zeiss optics.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones