• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the weather like where you are?

CURRENT CONDITIONS

wx_97.jpg

Upvote 0
Freaking smoky! We just had a major fire - 500+ homes destroyed, and now the rest of the state seems like it is on fire. US 160 closed in parts from the smoke. Fire in Rocky Mtn NP. Fire by Spanish Peaks (Walsenberg) Fire west of Denver. Plus the fires in NM on the eastern slope of the Rockies. That smoke drifts north, too.

Upvote 0
The news just said it was the worst loss of firefighters in the entire history of the United States, in a little town of 640 people. The nineteen (not twenty), were well known for their successful efforts in battling previous forest fires, and they also comprised pretty much the entire fire department in my town.

Things have changed here in the southwest...

Upvote 0
16c amd cloudy.

Same here!

17 degrees!

I have got my warm coffee! :)

I am so glad it wasn't as bad as LAST WEEK.

I swear it must have been about 7 degrees!

Must have been!

Crazy stuff!

The 1 morning my mom wiped the glass on the car and like ICE came off it!

She told me "naah it was just a little bit of water! :)".

I don't think so!

It was ICE.

I like to sit in the sunlight in the kitchen to catch some very niice and warms rays!

Even my Schnoogy does it too! :)

I put her jersey on it is freaking cold!

Poor dog!

Upvote 0
They got that man-made fire out pretty quickly; a job perfectly done.

Now lightning, a God-made fire, is burning down the nearby town of Yarnell and took twenty firefighters with Him. This all just happened in the last hour or so.

[FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman][FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman]PRESCOTT - The Prescott Fire Department lost nearly its entire crew today - the Granite Mountain Hotshots - with 18 firefighters dying and one surviving.[/FONT][/FONT]

Wow Io am so srry!

:-(

Shame that is not nice... :(

Upvote 0
And I’m sorry to tarnish this innocuous little thread with bad news, but to us down here, it is about weather.

Over ten years of drought conditions has made the southwest and beyond a tinderbox. Yarnell is (was) in the mountains, full of trees and cliffs and the last place anyone would want to fight a wilfire. They were true heroes and I’m afraid, after the horror of what happened to them, they are irreplaceable.

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
I would never do that work ever.

That team is/was like military special forces; average age of twenty-two, incredibly fit and trained. They were hired nationwide to do their thing, mostly in the southwest.

Horrible as this was, I fret how wildfires can be fought from here on out; almost nobody left with those abilities and qualifications. We are now, more than ever, at Mother Nature

Upvote 0
I am sad to hear about those brave fire fighters who lost their lives, sad news indeed.
My prayers will include them and their families tonight.

On a lighter note it has been a wonderful sunny warm Canada day here in beautiful downtown Victoria. 23c. Festivities were great with an awesome fireworks display that I happen to catch with my new Note 2 :)
I really like this phone!
Mega.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones