• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help When my android phone is off, it now glows 100% charged when it reaches full charge

When my android phone is off, it now glows a small message saying "100% charged" when it reaches full charge. It never did that before and I've had it a couple of years.

It doesn't make a good night light. Actually I don't want a night light at all. When I turn it off, I would prefer it be dark all night.

How do I get my phone to NOT display that?

Thanks,

Ah, if it is doing this when it is off (as in really off, not just screen off) then it's not the Android OS that's doing it. Possibly a feature in the recovery module (I think that's where manufacturers usually put things like charging displays when off, though it's not obvious why it should be), certainly something in the firmware we don't normally interact with. I expect that a recent system update added this.

I don't have the same model phone as you, so don't know for sure what settings you may have. But if there's nothing in battery or always on display settings to control this all I can suggest is the old-fashioned solutions of putting it face down (which may not be an option if you use wireless charging) or covering the screen!

Hopefully someone else will have another idea.

Upvote 0
Check your lockscreen settings.

For instance, I have my device set to not display any notifications on the lockscreen.

Screenshot_2021-02-14_13-40-33.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks. I can't find that.

I have a Galaxy A6 (I've had it for a few years now)
running Android 10
kernel 4.4.177-19978425
#1 Tue Jan 5 17:04:05 KST 2021

I don't mind notifications on the lock screen.

When the phone is idle and the screen is black, the battery notification pops up. So instead of a dark bedroom, as soon as the battery is charged

It's only been doing it for a while now, so I suspect it's a feature of the latest update -- although I don't think it's been doing it since January 5.

Bob

Upvote 0
I may have found it in Display.

There is a slide switch near:

Show charging information
Show battery level when the phone isn't in use.

I slid the switch to the off position.

I've turned that off and plugged it in to recharge. Time will tell.

I'll let you know if it wakes my wife up in the middle of the night (I can sleep through anything)

Bob

Upvote 0
Thanks. I can't find that.

I have a Galaxy A6 (I've had it for a few years now)
running Android 10
kernel 4.4.177-19978425
#1 Tue Jan 5 17:04:05 KST 2021

I don't mind notifications on the lock screen.

When the phone is idle and the screen is black, the battery notification pops up. So instead of a dark bedroom, as soon as the battery is charged

It's only been doing it for a while now, so I suspect it's a feature of the latest update -- although I don't think it's been doing it since January 5.

Bob
do you have the setting enabled to keep the screen on when charging if you do you might need to disable that

Reactions: Notes_Norton
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones