• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where's the GPS icon?...

The old "Navigation" app (the blue triangle) is now called Maps (the multicolored icon that's supposed to look like a map). It's been changed a few times and, both from my own experience and the comments I've read on the web, it was better before they started fooling with it. (I always preferred the MapQuest app, but they fooled with that so much that I prefer the Google app now. Or perhaps I should say I hate it less.)

It's in the app drawer, under "M" for Maps. If you mean the tray at the bottom, that's your choice - you can drag and drop icons in there to set it up your way. Personally, I have a folder with a few GPS-type apps in it on one of my homepages.

Reactions: ThatonedudexP
Upvote 0
That's really good to know! :D Sorry, I meant the app drawer. lol The app you described is the one I was using anyways. :)
BTW, this is why I was so confused: LG Optimus Showtime - Straight Talk - YouTube
At 4:50 you can see the Maps app I was using (and you were describing) on the bottom right corner. A couple seconds later he swipes over and TADA the blue triangle is on top. I was so confused. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones