• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which apps will appear on head units with Android Auto Support?

Hello,
I would like to buy Double din Head Unit with Android Auto support for my 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. The head unit should be able to display a few apps like 'Podcast Addict', 'Pandora', YouTube , my music player etc. and gps maps. I am kind of confused about when a particular app will appear on a head unit with Android Auto support. Like there are some apps like 'Podcast addict' that I would like to use regularly on my head unit. I was wondering will all apps on my phone appear on the head unit or only some with special support for Android Auto. There are also headunits without Android auto support like this one and I was wondering what are the implications of buying one of these since while it has everything I need will other apps not appear because it doesn't have android auto support?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones