• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which next-gen console will you be getting?

Which next-gen console will you be getting?

• PlayStation 4

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • XBox One

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Both

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 18 39.1%

• Total voters

Shotgun84

Extreme Android User
May 30, 2011
Cambridgeshire, England
I've pre-ordered the PlayStation 4 so I'll be getting that one. I'm a huge fan of the Infamous series so I was pretty much sold as soon as I saw Second Sons. There's also the exclusive Final Fantasy and I'm looking forward to seeing and playing whatever Naughty Dog, Santa Monica and Quantic Dream are working on. Xbox were going to have to pull out something special to get me to convert. Although a nice bit of kit it didn't blow my mind nearly enough to get me to ditch the studios and their games which I've grown to love over the years.

As per request here are a couple of links showing the specs of the two systems. Thanks trophynuts:)

AnandTech | The Xbox One: Hardware Analysis & Comparison to PlayStation 4

AnandTech | AMD

Reactions: jroc
We already know that the greedy gaming corporations have bought M$ into their pocket. Sony has been cryptic about the whole used gaming issue, but insists that they can be used. What we don't know is how similar to the Xbox One it will be until they reveal more, it people report from first hand experience. As such, no matter how much I will miss Halo, I will not be buying the Xbox. I'm still skeptical about the PS4, so I will be waiting until more info is released. If they handle things similar to Xbox, I will boycott that as well and sit this round out.

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
The used gaming thing doesn't bother me, as a PC gamer, one bit... I just see it gimping other businesses and driving people toward PC gaming, since its always been that way and you can modify your pC games.

Yeah, that is one thing I've always loved about PC gaming. One of these days I have to become more familiar with messing with hardware so that I can do the necessary processor, video card, ram upgrades necessary to keep mine up to date. Currently, my processor and ram are fine, but my video card needs an update desperately.

Upvote 0
I will not be getting either one of them because I have a pretty powerful computer worth about $1,000.

I've been tempted by the build my own gaming pc route but I'm kind of put off by the price. If it was a one off payment of a grand I suppose it's doable but in a few years time I'm going to have upgrade the parts to be able to play the most recent games. I can't justify not spending half of that on a console which will play all the latest games in 6 or 7 years time.

Upvote 0
I've been tempted by the build my own gaming pc route but I'm kind of put off by the price. If it was a one off payment of a grand I suppose it's doable but in a few years time I'm going to have upgrade the parts to be able to play the most recent games. I can't justify not spending half of that on a console which will play all the latest games in 6 or 7 years time.

If you get a decent PC, you can future-proof a gaming computer for $700-$1000 for at least 3-4 years and upgrade it once a year for about $100-$200, if even that. I've had the same RAM and CPU for almost two years now and not had to upgrade it at all. It all comes down to taste, however. Gaming on dual 1080p monitors has spoiled me.

Upvote 0
I'm still waiting to see how the DRM rumors turn out. But I'm leaning towards the PS4 right now. I'll probably hold off at least a year though. Better to wait until there are enough games and the kinks are worked out of the console. Plus, I need to upgrade my desktop a bit before getting another console.

Upvote 0
The way the Xbox Done is set up I'd rather just do PC gaming with the fact that you need to use these online activation codes and install the games onto your system. If I did get a next-gen console it would be PS4. Money$oft wont get a dime from me. My whole 360 library is basically useless with this new console.

....well technically Money$oft will still get your money if you do a PC gaming rig......assuming you put Windows on it. :D:D:D

Upvote 0
As of right now, I am undecided. I think it may come down to what I see at E3 and what my friends decide to acquire.

This. I honestly am not that interested in the new consoles. Gaming is way more fun with friends, so I'll probably sit by for a bit and see where everyone ends up.

I do prefer Live over PSN everyday. Yes you do have to pay, but it is significantly better than PSN in every way, at least IMO. PSN works, but not the best but it is free so you can't really complain.

Upvote 0
Ps4 all the way. Ive been a xbox guy ever since the original came out up untill a year ago now. I made the switch and sold all my xbox stuff to convert to ps3 and do not regret it one bit. Wish I had sooner. Live is better then psn, I wont argue that. However not enough to pay what they ask one bit. Even if live was free I still wouldnt go back. You just get way more for your money with playstation and better games. Halo is cool for all ages, but god of war is for the big boys.

Upvote 0
I will not be getting either one of them because I have a pretty powerful computer worth about $1,000. So, to justify the cost for a new system for gaming that I am not a heavy player of isn't right.

If I had to choose, I would get a XBox One. Just because I believe they are innovating more than Sony at the moment.

How so gaming wise? Kinect came out a while ago. Thats the only innovation I can think of on there part. Sony came out with everything you would want or need out of the box from day 1. Xbox did not. It was a rip off and even tho I still baught a xbox I still knew I was getting ripped. What has xbox came out with so awsome lately... nothing. Sony.... vita.

Upvote 0
Vita was overpriced and its memory cards were bordering on hilariously priced. The new PS4 (note I'm not getting an XBox One, either) won't even ship with all features functioning, according to their own admission. IF I get one, it'll be a PS4 a few months in... Gran Turismo 5!

Forza > GT. Fact. :D

lol did you really just say something positive about the Vita? wow

I love my Vita, but I only play one game on it lol.

Upvote 0
The Vita has some nice features, like mobile data and sync ability with the PS3. However so many things weigh it down. Sim Locked, ridiculously expensive proprietary memory, "short" battery life, and limited games. Such a shame because it had so much potential.

now I will agree with that. The VITA has a ton of potential but Sony weighs it down way too much. First of all the stupid price tag on the Vita itself. ....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones