• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why does my phone keep saying insert SD card before using camera? I put my old 2GB its o.k.32GB no?

Wee Gail 79

Lurker
Feb 25, 2018
I have a problem with my Vodafone Turbo 7.The camera work's o.k when I put the old 2GB SD card in it.I bought a new 32GB but every time I try & use the camera it says insert SD card before using camera. I have formatted it.Un mounted, mounted.I just don't understand why.Anyone got any ideas? As its driving me crazy.It will not let me save any pictures either.

Try reformatting it.
Can other applications see the card? Such as a file manager?
What happens when you connect the phone to a computer, can you see the card?
Are you able to insert the card itself into a computer. Can it be accessed?
Having said all that, it could be a faulty card.

Upvote 0
Do you recall at some time changing your phone's settings to use external storage from the default internal storage? If so, your phone's Camera app might still be 'linked' to that 2GB microSD card. Try starting up the Camera app, go into its options/settings menu, and if there's an option in the listing to set internal storage (your phone's) or external card storage (your microSD card) as its default location to save files, set it to temporarily to save to internal. Now unmount the card, restart your phone, confirm that 32GB card is mounted, and go back into the Camera app's settings to change the default save location to the card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones