• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why does the touchscreen mess up when charging?

It's the charger that came with the phone and it's hooked right up to the outlet directly. At first it was hooked up with a different charger and had it hooked up to a surge protector then I read on here that can cause problems so I used the stock one directly into the wall and it's still doing it.

It may actually be a defective phone. does yours get hot?

I am having the same issue on this latest refurb and the phone is too hot to touch as well.

I did not have the issue on previous skyrockets

Upvote 0
The people at Samsung recommended a factory reset. Before I do that I need to get an SD card but does anyone know if that will even fix this problem?

There is no way to know for sure.

Have you tried another cable and or charger. it so far appears that only my samsung charger + harmony remote cable cause the issue...my car charger and another that i have do not.

I am going to try samsung charger and cable tonight

Upvote 0
There is no way to know for sure.

Have you tried another cable and or charger. it so far appears that only my samsung charger + harmony remote cable cause the issue...my car charger and another that i have do not.

I am going to try samsung charger and cable tonight

I have tried one other one and it did it so i went back to the one provided with the phone.

Upvote 0
How fast do your guys phones take to charge? I was surprised how fast it charges when I first plugged it with the stock charger but now I'm paranoid its charging too fast because of this issue. Plugging into my computer or car charger charges really slow compared to plugging into the wall with the stock adapter thing.

Upvote 0
I have tried one other one and it did it so i went back to the one provided with the phone.

Does it do this when charging off a USB port? If it works fine through the USB, have you tried it hooked to power in a different/newer house and/or building? I know that might sound odd to ask, but as others have stated here there is an issue with grounding and power line resistance that affects our phones. Some older homes/buildings as well as those not properly up to code may have the aforementioned electrical line issues, which in turn is affecting your phone. I have personally experienced what you are talking about with my phone, and it indeed did turn out to be the quality (or really lack thereof) of the electrical outlet itself. Can't hurt to try, and it might save you the headache of replacing your phone only to continue having the issue. Either way, I wish you luck in getting it resolved! :)

Upvote 0
Like I want to use it while it's charging but it's unresponsive and not accurate at all.
I have this same issue with my google pixel 3. I checked it and it was the charger that was malfunctioning while the cable was fine. I used a different charger and it charged normally.

I tried the charger with my A7 Lite and got a slow charging notification but that was all. It functioned normally with a slight hiccup here and there. I realise now that my phone also notified me of a slow charger but only briefly as it then identified it as a normal charger.

My charger was the stock google charger but I got the phone used so it may have been damaged or something alike.

Also I know im 9 years late.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones