• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wife's WIFI not connecting anymore.

My wife has been extremely happy with her new Proclaim since I got it for her a month or two ago. Up until a few days ago, anyway.

We have very weak 3G at our house, so we obviously prefer to use the WIFI while at home. A few days ago, her WIFI connection stopped working. When you look at the status on the WIFI settings tab, mine says Connected to HOME-XXXX, and works fine. Hers says Scanning..., then a few seconds later says Connecting... and then a few more seconds says Disconnected. It just cycles between the three statuses constantly.

She did not drop or damage the phone in any way, it just stopped working correctly. Calling the service number for ST didn't help, resetting the factory settings didn't help either. I figure we will probably have to call and send the phone in to ST, but that is something I don't want to do...my wife needs a phone handy in case of emergencies, and we don't use a home phone these days. Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones