• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi control

Hello, First my Samsung is an A03 Core but this looks closest. I am new to smartphones. I have no idea which apps to let control my wifi since I don't know what that means. I don't have any 10-year-olds, so I need to ask some help. There is a fairly large list of apps which have control of my wifi connection. Can someone just let me know which apps are safest/best to leave on and which ones are best to leave off in a way that I won't have to mess in there again? Thanks for any help. Have a good day. :)

Thanks for the response. So should I just leave everything on in the wifi control part of the settings? I'm trying to save battery power and use only what I need to run wifi. So I understand I will need my messages, phone maps and things like that--but there are other things in there I don't recognize.I decided not to touch or change anything until I can figure out what's necessary and what isn't. I wanted to know the same thing for notifications also--apparently I have 89 apps that I can't see most of. I'm trying to use messages phone and system, since I don't know what all those system apps do. But thank you for your time and help. Any other suggestions would be welcome! :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response. So should I just leave everything on in the wifi control part of the settings? I'm trying to save battery power and use only what I need to run wifi. So I understand I will need my messages, phone maps and things like that--but there are other things in there I don't recognize.I decided not to touch or change anything until I can figure out what's necessary and what isn't. I wanted to know the same thing for notifications also--apparently I have 89 apps that I can't see most of. I'm trying to use messages phone and system, since I don't know what all those system apps do. But thank you for your time and help. Any other suggestions would be welcome! :)
I just leave WiFi on all the time. It does not drain the battery unless you are in an area that has weak WiFi signals. If your WiFi is strong, don't worry about it.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Thanks for all the help! I'm still trying to get the best from my new phone. I am having lots of trouble with why everyone els'e phone only loses 2% battery in their mornings and I still lose 20%, so that I wake it up at 80%-85% battery and it has a 5000 one in it. I have 44 apps in my drawer and about 4 of them are disabled because I most likely will never use them. I have no chat apps because phone calls and texts are enough for me. I do have three music programs, and extra maps programs for locating buses and trains. I have only 4 under 40MB games to play that are all offline, so I don't know what's draining my battery. thanks very much for any ideas. Have a good day :) PS It's been great weather for bikes out!

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the help! I'm still trying to get the best from my new phone. I am having lots of trouble with why everyone els'e phone only loses 2% battery in their mornings and I still lose 20%, so that I wake it up at 80%-85% battery and it has a 5000 one in it. I have 44 apps in my drawer and about 4 of them are disabled because I most likely will never use them. I have no chat apps because phone calls and texts are enough for me. I do have three music programs, and extra maps programs for locating buses and trains. I have only 4 under 40MB games to play that are all offline, so I don't know what's draining my battery. thanks very much for any ideas. Have a good day :) PS It's been great weather for bikes out!
i always leave my phone charging overnight. never had any issues. it might diminsh battery lige over time, but i only keep my phones for 2-3 years....never really long term.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones