• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi Problem - I can connect to wifi but not the internet (Google)

ngc1967

Lurker
Oct 30, 2015
I have just received my Oneplus Two and so far it is looking good - there are a few issues though.

One of them is that I can connect to my work's wifi using their current password, but I can't connect to their internet. When I try I get a message saying that the web page is not available. I can't get any web pages up at all.

When I go into the phone wifi settings, everything looks good - it says I'm connected to wifi, it tells me the IP address and says there is a good strength. It's just getting onto their internet (i.e. Google and Google App store so i can't do much)

I think it must be something to do with the Oneplus phone and my work's network as my old iPhone 4 can still connect to my work's wifi and I can even get onto the internet with that.

The even stranger thing is that when I got home last night, my Oneplus was able to connect to my home wifi (and Google etc.) but now I am back at work again, I can't connect to Google again!

I have tried 'Forgetting' the network and rebooting the OPT but nothing seems to work.

From what I have found out, it seems my OPT phone is OK as it can connect to the internet at home and my work's internet is working as my old iPhone can still connect onto the internet. It seems there is an incompatability issue between my new OPT and my work's internet (not wifi though).

Is there a setting I can try or turn on/off?

Thanks for the advice.
It seems to be working now!
I got into work yesterday and straight away everything was fine - I had full access to Google and all the internet plus the Google Play store.
The only explanaition I can possibly think of (if at all) is that I did read that I had to 'Forget' the network and reboot my phone and router. Obviously I couldn't reboot their router as it is a work one but they did happen to change their password yesterday as well (allbeit at a later time).
I am thinking that eventhough I could log on to their system while it was still on their old password, they might have set in a new password to take effect at a certain time and had to reboot their router themselves to configure this. When the new password took effect (a couple of hours later) I just put the new one in and again everything was working well.
Very Strange but I've got what I want.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones