• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi scheduler - advice

smallclone

Dec 6, 2010
Hi I would like a wifi scheduler to turn wifi on and off at set times throughout the day.

I've tried "power scheduler" but it only lets you do 7 instances. I need double that really.

Any apps out there that will let me do this? I've tried tasker but I can't get it to work.

cheers

Take a look at LeanDroid ... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teqtic.leandata&hl=en_GB ... I use it to turn data and wifi off when the screen is off to save battery, then it gets turned on when I unlock the screen. Saves the battery quite a bit when in "sleep" mode. Plus the way I use my phone means it works for me - YMMV ...

However, the point is you can have wifi (and/or data and/or BT) re-enable on a set time pattern. The default is every 60 minutes for 60 seconds. The 'free' version allows you to set the 'minutes' but you can't change the 'seconds' unless you get the paid version. The paid version also allows exceptions to the time period (except between certain hours and except - battery - below x%).

Maybe that will work for you.

Dave

Reactions: smallclone
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones