• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Will clearing Temporary Cache Partitions erase data from apps like Instagram?

Instagram has been deleting some of my DM messages, and I looked around for help. Many have said to clear "Temporary Cache Partitions". My question is, will doing that erase any data on apps like Instagram, Twitter, or any other app?

I don't use Instagram myself but, you're actually the third or forth person I've seen on AF with this Instagram DM missing message problem in two days. So I would suggest it's not a problem your end, and is something that Instagram needs to rectify with their service. Could it's caused by their recent GDPR compliance changes. And so maybe worth waiting a bit, before you do anything to your phone....
280px-Do_Not_Adjust_Your_Set.jpg

Maybe worth contacting their tech support about the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones