• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Windows 10 & UEFI

AMOCO

The Computer Guy
Mar 10, 2012
Colorado Springs,CO.
Okay,I started reading on things that I could do to speed up my HP 2000-2C29WM Laptop,It seems slow.
Since I got it I put 4gb. more ram in it,Now I have 8gb. total and was reading that it has a Seagate Momentus hybrid hard drive and it's still slow.
So,I did more reading and found out,That installing the OS under UEFI mode would help with my issue.
Now my HP 2000-2C29WM runs like it should and boots within 10 seconds.

So if you have UEFI BIOS,This is the way you want to install windows 10.

My son has a high end Dell laptop that is about 18 months old now.
Maximum specs, he does a lot of heavy intensive diagnostics work with very demanding CAD type programs that interrogate a network system on commercial diesel/battery/electric municipal buses.... he is installing the new buses at Dayton, OH.

anyway, with the original hard drive, even though it had a high speed drive, the thing was just way too slow for their "gotta have this thing: Right Now!!! attitude"

So, the IT boys took it back, and replaced the hard drive with an SSD drive, and expanded out the video card to max memory, and maxed out the RAM...

kid you not, that Dell will now boot up and be running a cad program in about 20 seconds.
I was blown out of the water when I watched him turn it on.

Upvote 0
Maximum specs, he does a lot of heavy intensive diagnostics work with very demanding CAD type programs that interrogate a network system on commercial diesel/battery/electric municipal buses.... he is installing the new buses at Dayton, OH.

anyway, with the original hard drive, even though it had a high speed drive, the thing was just way too slow for their "gotta have this thing: Right Now!!! attitude"

So, the IT boys took it back, and replaced the hard drive with an SSD drive, and expanded out the video card to max memory, and maxed out the RAM...

kid you not, that Dell will now boot up and be running a cad program in about 20 seconds.

Yep SSD's are very fast,I had 2x 64gb Adata's running in raid on my old gaming desktop:
Picture here:
My Old Full Tower Computer1.jpeg
My Old Full Tower Computer.jpeg

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

Well I pulled the trigger on an SSD,Formatted to UEFI and only took 2 hours to format it and get everything in it
SSD is very fast:
I got the 240gb.
https://www.sandisk.com/home/ssd/ssd-plus

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones