• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Working ClockWorkMod v6.0.3.6 for Galaxy Centura

Reactions: scary alien
I wrote a more detailed guide to flashing this custom recovery on the github page I created for my ROM project. Here https://cmotc.github.io/flash/ transcribed
How to put your device into Download Mode/Bootloader Mode

The first thing you’ll need to do is put yourself into download mode so you can flash a new recovery image to your device. You can’t do this with adb reboot bootloader, you have to trigger the physical switches to enter Download mode.

• First, unplug your device and turn it off. Make sure it’s totally shut down before you continue.
  • Press down the volume down button and hold it. Don’t let go until after you’ve completed the next step.’
  • While still holding the volume down button, press the power button and turn the phone on. When the phone vibrates, stop depressing the power button.
  • There will be a screen warning you about the dangers of flashing your device. Think about it then do it anyway. Press volume up to confirm and enter Download Mode.
  • Plug your device into your computer in order to get ready for the next step.
How to flash a recovery using Heimdall

Once you have your device in Download Mode, the next step is the use of heimdall to flash a recovey.img to the device. It’s pretty much just the one step after you get your device into download mode and plug it in.
Windows Command Prompt Instructions:

Consider using Linux Mint Debian Edition.

• From a Windows Command Prompt, navigate to the directory containing the desired recovery.img.
    dir C:\path\to\recovery
  • and flash the recovery by invoking Heimdall
    heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img
GNU+Linux Terminal Instructions(Should also work for OSX)

• From a Linux terminal, navigate to the directory containing the desired recovery.img.
    cd /path/to/recovery/
  • and flash the recovery by invoking Heimdall
    heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones