• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WPA2 Enterprise help please

rasmus91

Lurker
Dec 1, 2009
hi there.

(I'm not sure if this should be posted here, but i'll try)

Im trying to get WPA2 Enterprise to work on my phone. After the most recent update im able to add a wifi network with WPA2 enterprise on my phone. yet there remains one problem:

Even when i have the network on my phone, when i scan, it says the network is out of range. yet it finds another network with the SAME SSID, but registers the network as WEP... i don't get that. It doesn't delete my other network, but doesn't seem to register it either.

also theres a WEP network which i need to connect to using PEAP. it will only try LEAP

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Upvote 0
I just picked up an eris and i ran into the "not in range, remembered" issue. i have a belkin n router. in the router, i had:
11b,g,n turned on
wpa2 for the "security mode"
wpa-psk + wpa2-psk turned on for the "authentication mode"

if i turned off the n and left b/g on, my eris would pick up (understandable), but when i turned n back on along with b/g, it would not pick up my network.

turns out that the "authentication type" that i had set was not compatible with the eris. i have to only use "wpa2-psk" only. as soon as i made this change. my eris is able to connect to my network with b/g/n all on. hope this helps. also, i am using wps2-personal, i realize you are using enterprise, i hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones