• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help XIAOMI Redmi 4x Marshmallow : Missing Region

darwin4ever

Lurker
Jan 26, 2018
Hi,

I have a XIAOMI Redmi 4x with Global ROM version.

Unfortunately many Regions (Belgium / Netherlands / other) are missing and the Dutch language as well.

As language I'm always using English, so no problem there
For the Region, instead of Belgium I'm actually using Germany which has the same Time-zone.

From a hardware perspective (2G/3G/4G) there are no problems, all Channels supported.

But I would like to know what other problems I may encounter, what other unwanted results might occur due to the "wrong" Region used. Problems I can't oversee yet

Thanks

Hi,

I have a XIAOMI Redmi 4x with Global ROM version.

Unfortunately many Regions (Belgium / Netherlands / other) are missing and the Dutch language as well.

As language I'm always using English, so no problem there

For the Region, instead of Belgium I'm actually using Germany which has the same Time-zone.

"Global" basically meaning just the countries and/or regions it was intended to be officially sold in.
As Xiaomis are not usually distributed and sold in EU countries AFAIK, think that's why they missed them out. Was the Redmi bought online as an import?

This is from an Oppo, and can see it's only got the languages of the countries that Oppos are offficially sold in:
Screenshot_2018-01-26-19-37-28-58.png

I have another Android device which is Chinese only, NO English.

From a hardware perspective (2G/3G/4G) there are no problems, all Channels supported.

But I would like to know what other problems I may encounter, what other unwanted results might occur due to the "wrong" Region used. Problems I can't oversee yet

Thanks

It's really that you can't have the UI in most European languages, e.g. Dutch. Maybe certain language fonts are missing as well, e.g. Greek.

Time-zones shouldn't be a problem. 2G and 3G should be aright, 4G might be a problem with certain European carrier networks, due to the particular bands they use and imported Xiaomi phones not having them, I think Vodafone UK was one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Global Redmi was bought at Amazon.de (Germany) - with the EU mentionned - and has at least (next to dozens of others) the EU-regions France and Germany in it, as well as the French / German Language.

On the other hand Belgium / Netherlands / Norway .... ar missing including the Dutch language

So it was not an import from a Gearbest or alike

The Bands/Channels are ok (also 4G)

It's not a matter of fonts, Dutch uses the same fonts as English.

So actually I can perfectly use the Redmi with Region=Germany AND Language=English

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
The Global Redmi was bought at Amazon.de (Germany) - with the EU mentionned - and has at least (next to dozens of others) the EU-regions France and Germany in it, as well as the French / German Language.

On the other hand Belgium / Netherlands / Norway .... ar missing including the Dutch language

So it was not an import from a Gearbest or alike

It's just the mention of Xiaomis in EU countries, I automatically assumed Gearbest, Banggood, Ali Express, and the like. :thumbsupdroid:

The Bands/Channels are ok (also 4G)

It's not a matter of fonts, Dutch uses the same fonts as English.

So actually I can perfectly use the Redmi with Region=Germany AND Language=English

Can't see any problems with that at all. FWIW I've used phones in the UK with the region as China quite a few times.

Enjoy your Redmi 4x ! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones