• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Xperia Arc problem after software update failed

shwan62

Lurker
Aug 25, 2011
Hi people,

I tried to update the software of my Xperia arc using PC Companion, but it failed in the middle of the update. Now when I turn the phone on, it displays a phone with a yellow exclamation mark, then restarts and the same story again. I found this page on Sony Ericsson website:

Xperia? arc - Software update failed - Learn more - Mobile phones - Support - Sony Ericsson

But when I plug the phone to the power outlet or to my laptop to be charged, it turns on and shows the same thing I said above, and restarts over and over again. I supposed it was fully charged so I tried connecting it to my laptop and ran PC Companion to try to repair, but because the phone keeps restarting, it fails. It's really frustrating. Please help me out.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones