• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Xperia Ion App Troubles After 4.0.4 Update

teetar

Lurker
May 21, 2013
I recently updated my Sony Xperia Ion to the 4.0.4 version of Android. I will list the system information below. Anyways the issue I've been having is that whenever I used certain apps they will simply close, no force close error pop-up or anything. It only works with certain applications though, and the pattern I've found so far is with mostly browser/web based applications. My contacts/games/Youtube/etc. all seem to be working fine, but my browsers are a different story. I have attempted to use my default browser, Google Chrome, and Dolphin Browser all to no avail. Also, whenever I click on the Google Search widget to search, after I begin typing (or pull up the keyboard in general) it will close out of that. I do not believe it to be the keyboard's fault though, because when I go to websites and browse through links it will also force-close without an error message, and lose any pages I may have been on. I have tried opening browsers in both 4G and Wi-Fi in case that makes any difference, on a side note.

The system information is as follows:
Model Number: LT23at (I have the AT&T version of the phone)
Android Version: 4.0.4
Build Number: 6.1.C.1.111
I did not believe the Baseband/Kernel Versions to be important to the current situation, however, if any more information is needed please ask me.

To anyone who can help me, Thank You ahead of time :)

BTW I will also be posting this forum under the Sony community in case it is less of the Android OS's fault and more of Sony hardware/software.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones