• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help (Yet another) memory issue, Huawei ascend g300

jbjbjbjbjb

Lurker
Feb 2, 2013
Hi, first post in this forum, hopefully right place etc....!

I have had my Huawei G300 now running ICS 4.0 for about 4 months now and am already dreaming of ditching it as soon as I can afford to move back to an apple setup. But, trust me, I WANT to believe android can be as good.

I have a 32GB class 10 microSD, about 7 GB of which is used. Internal memory seems to be divided between about 750 mb and 2 gb. Connecting via usb storage to my mac I am unable to see what is clogging the internal storage or see this distinction.
I have installed app2SD and moved everything removable.
I have backed up everything to the SD card and erased internal storage.

And I still am showing full internal storage (around 750 mb). Applications crashing left right and centre. The worst problem for me began with Evernote struggling to sync (and sometimes erasing phone content entirely) once spare internal storage dipped below 100mb.

Any fairly-simply-implimentable ideas? Thank you :)

I have the same problem. I have managed to install a Cynogen Mod 10.1 which I am informed is a Jelly Bean OS on my Huawei Ascend G300. This works fine but I seem to have lost my ability to access my 2GB internal memory- I can't access it and its not showing up on the 'file manager' application. Everything is running from my mounted SD card. Any help on how to sort this is appreciated.

Upvote 0
OK. Those of you who rooted your phone, install this through CWM and follow the instructions. You'll get your 750 MB and 2GB swapped. This way phone will use 2GB partition as internal memory and your problems will be solved.

[Mod] Link2Int v1.1 - [Use 2GB internal as app storage - tested with CM9/CM10/CM10.1] 03/12 - Huawei Ascend G300 - G300.MoDaCo.com - MoDaCo

Those who didn't root: your phone has 750MB intended for apps, so if you moved everything you could to SDcard with APP2SD then your phone is simply full. 2GB partition is like integrated SDcard by default, though physically it is just a part of 2,75 memory. To make things faster insert external SDcard and set it as default memory.

Upvote 0
So i'm fighting with this problem to, i have found where it is going wrong and it is not where you guys are telling me where, i maybe the only one but when i connect my mobile to the computer and go to internal space there i found in DCIM > .Thumbnails where i found this document that automaticly fills the rest of the space in my mobile, the document is called .thumbdata3--1967290299 and when i delete it, in a minute it will come back.

it really making me crazy, its preventing me to see other people pictures send by whatsapp or changing a profile on whatsapp, i cant upload anything new on instagram. My mobile also gets really slow, please help me, after 2 months fighting i finally found this topic/forum.

Greetings Sander 17 year old from the netherlands

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones