• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Your SIM card does not allow connection to this network

ITBarbie

Lurker
Aug 14, 2012
Hi guys and gals

Got a problem with my sensation xl as it won't pick up any reception and when I try and connect I get the error message Your SIM card does not allow connection to this network. Just for a bit of background the phone has/had over a year warranty left until my son dropped the phone in snow! Anyway phone remained in pieces for over three weeks in brown rice and a new sim was ordered (long story). Put phone back together and works perfectly all except the connection issue. Can't send it to htc due to pink indicator of water damage on case.

I've got over a years contract left to run so am miserable. Anyway called carrier who tell me that it won't be the sim as the sim works in another phone. I did the following:-

1. Open the phone dialer
2. Enter: *#*#4636#*#* (Once entered, you will be taken directly to a "Testing" page)
3. Tap Phone Information
4. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and you should see a button that says radio off. Hit this button and when it reads radio on Hit it again to turn the radio back on.

Still no joy and the phone won't switch from GSM to WCDMA

Do I just cut my losses and dump it :-( or try to go the repair route? Not worth perusing with HTC as they will say water damage beyond economical repair. Failing that parts on eBay?

Thanks for reading

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones