• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Z2 photos thread

I've just got my Z2 and one principal reason was the camera.

I'd like to see what everyone else is taking with their Z2 and whether you prefer the 20mp mode or iAuto (8mp). I'm still undecided.

YZobimk.jpg

evsIZlH.jpg

Ow8gMJY.jpg

YGsOg4a.jpg

Let's see yours then :)

I know it sounds daft,but how do I choose between the 20 mg and 8 mg option? I can't find it anywhere.... Just seems auto sized/ quality...

Hiya
To be able to use the 20mp setting you have to use the Manual mode. Then go into the settings once you are in manual mode which gives you the option of which resolution, self timer,smile shutter,focus meter. iso, etc..
Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Hiya
To be able to use the 20mp setting you have to use the Manual mode. Then go into the settings once you are in manual mode which gives you the option of which resolution, self timer,smile shutter,focus meter. iso, etc..
Hope that helps.

In addition, iAuto mode does quite a bit of post processing and you might find the 20mp mode less sharp on screen.

You won't go wrong with the 8mp iAuto. It's really very good.

I think I need to steer clear of this boat yard for a while lol

dY2cOgF.jpg

Upvote 0
I've only had the phone a few days and spent time flitting between Superior Auto, manual and different megapixel sizes.

Generally I find Auto does a good job so I have starting spending more time in SA.

When I tried manual and higher MP generally the results were worse than SA (yes OK I know it's because I'm not very skillled ;) )

A few examples of SA. (sorry about the resizing)
2014-08-23132406_zps18aa8609.jpg

2014-08-23154520_zps99948d7e.jpg

2014-08-24125623_zpsce038e0d.jpg

Upvote 0
I actually think the Superior Auto Mode is one of the selling points of Sony's camera phones. It does do a good job of picking the right mode and even on their older phones like the Xperia ion which I owned briefly, the camera was pretty good at picking appropriate modes for the scene - it was nothing as good as the Superior Auto in the newer Xperias, though.

This thing takes some ridiculously good Macro shots, though.

Does anyone have any timeshift video that they can upload to Dropbox or something, so that I can check to see if it's upscaled or true 720p video? It's one thing I kinda have to know before I can consider the device (or rather, the Z3v, which is basically a marginal Z2 upgrade with the same camera).

Please? Lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones