• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Blade S6 issues - no screenshots, photos & apps deleting

My ZTE Blade S6 is a far east import and not often seen in the US (where I am now) and the UK (where I was living at the time I bought it in April 2015). Various issues.

1) Cannot take photos using the camera. They don't take.
2) Cannot save any screenshots. "Couldn't capture screenshot. can't take screenshot due to limited storage space, or it isn't allowed by the app or your organisation". When no app is being used, and I do not have an organisation. Have already deleted the "pictures" folder and reintroduced a "screenshots" subfolder. Used to capture screenshots & take photos fine for around 3 months.
3) Every time I reboot or shut down the phone, on switching it on I find some of my apps are missing. Random ones, sometimes eBay, or Wikipedia. they are gone. Also it doesn't remember my preference not to have any calendar notifications, which drives me bonkers having to turn that back off every time the phone is switched on from a shut down.
4) I have a 32 gb memory card installed and thought that I could put everything on there, apps, photos, default save location, downloads etc. It registers as being installed but nothing seems to be on it, it has like a few kbs only. Even though the default save location is the SD card, and I've "moved" as many apps as I can onto it - the phone still says "cannot move app, not enough space" - I've just checked it, and in fact there are no apps on my SD card. Why?!
I think the only solution might be some kind of clean reinstall, but I've never done that before and don't want to render the phone unuseable.Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones