• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Majesty Z796C Touchscreen locks up

I have not found this problem on the Internet and I fear the worst. The touchscreen on my ZTE Majesty Z796C locks up a short while after booting up. There is heat in the area of the camera. I checked the battery and it's ok. I suspect a hardware problem (a short or something) where the phone heats up to the point where the touchscreen shuts down. Pull the battery and let it cool for five minutes and it works fine . . . for a few minutes. Has anyone heard of this problem? I figure I will have to return it to Straighttalk . . . which could take days. Unfortunately, I am a professional truck driver and I need my phone and the various apps for navigating and dodging tornados. I know I can transfer photos and contacts to the memory card, but can I transfer text messages or apps? How does one do this? Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones