• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Radiant Developer Tools - CWM-UNBRICK-ROMS-KERNELS-KERNEL SOURCE- AND OTHER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot man. Downloading stock zip right now but got cwm on and ready to go. again sorry about the delay but school is heavy. matter of fact im an aspiring computer scientist so the fact that you got all this put together is simply amazing. crossing fingers that once zip is on sd card, problem solved. thanks again

your welcome

I guess I jumped the gun a little, and assumed you fixed your phone, and did not bother to reply

I apologize for that, I hope your phone gets fixed, and if flashing this zip does not help, I am willing to help you get it working

Upvote 0
Any update on the CyanogenMod? I"m ordering this phone today and I can't thank Hroark13 enough for the excellent work! Keep up the genius man, I can't wait to get it and install everything you have to offer.

CM wont be around for a while, I am working on a new kernel that will work with cm11, I am not sure if I will be successful or not

Upvote 0
I believe this phone is the same as the Sonata, and as it is still very new, I think that we'll see more interest and support as time goes by. I for one would like to have this thing opened up a little bit, so I can easily dump the stock launcher and keyboard and other bloatware that comes with it. I really like Perfect Launcher and the Google keyboard is similar enough to the one on my CM11 tablet to be familiar. Root Uninstaller helps, but it seems like some of this stuff comes back on its own.

QuincyP1994 - Just Google JellyBean vs KitKat.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much, I have a question want to ask you, you are in the development of CyanogenMod cm11? Finished?

I am working on it, but I need to upgrade the kernel source code to do it right, and that is what I am working on, it will be a while before I release anyhting

are you a developer ?

Reactions: rbheromax
Upvote 0
Ok so first smartphone and new to android but think phone is alright so far. Bought it to cut my teeth on both and as a starter phone, still as such id rather not brick it without little knowledge. First question is what files do I need to backup before start playing with roms? Such as imei and anything else not backed up after cwm backup that is specific to each phone?

Upvote 0
Ok so first smartphone and new to android but think phone is alright so far. Bought it to cut my teeth on both and as a starter phone, still as such id rather not brick it without little knowledge. First question is what files do I need to backup before start playing with roms? Such as imei and anything else not backed up after cwm backup that is specific to each phone?

I uasually backup all my partitions on any phone i buy, once I am rooted

you you have to make sure you have a pretty big sd card like 8gb

you should already have the usb drivers and the adb executable in your c:\z740_cwm_tchv2 folder if you have installed CWM

you should do this from CWM instead of Android, and have /storage/sdcard1 mounted and everything else mounted

click start - run - cmd

cd \z740_cwm_tch

adb shell

dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot of=/stroage/sdcard1/aboot.bak
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot of=/stroage/sdcard1/boot.bak
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fsg of=/stroage/sdcard1/fsg.bak
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/grow of=/stroage/sdcard1/grow.bak
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc of=/stroage/sdcard1/misc.bak
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem of=/stroage/sdcard1/modem.bak
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst1 of=/stroage/sdcard1/modemst1.bak
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst2 of=/stroage/sdcard1/modemst2.bak
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/persist of=/stroage/sdcard1/persist.bak
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/rpm of=/stroage/sdcard1/rpm.bak
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/sbl1 of=/stroage/sdcard1/sbl1.bak
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/sbl2 of=/stroage/sdcard1/sbl2.bak
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/sbl3 of=/stroage/sdcard1/sbl3.bak
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/splash of=/stroage/sdcard1/splash.bak
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/ssd of=/stroage/sdcard1/ssd.bak
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system of=/stroage/sdcard1/system.bak
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/tombstones of=/stroage/sdcard1/tombstones.bak
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/tz of=/stroage/sdcard1/tz.bak
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/ztecfg of=/stroage/sdcard1/ztecfg.bak
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/ztelk of=/stroage/sdcard1/ztelk.bak

you can skip

cache
recovery
userdata
/recovery"

Upvote 0
hroark13 ... Thanks so much for all the great work.

I'm trying to use dsixda's Android Kitchen (I can't put in URL's, but a Google search will locate it), however the developer for Android Kitchen says....

"If your device is not listed in post #1 of this thread, and it does NOT use a 'YAFFS'-based filesystem (e.g. usually only low-end devices use YAFFS), do not attempt to flash a ROM that you built with this kitchen. Instead, you must do the following if your device is NOT listed..." etc

Any idea how to get it working for the Z740? I will try it with the stock ROM you provided, and I have a backup I made as well in case anything goes wrong.

Also, I hope to release a custom ROM for this device. I'll be removing the bloatware, rooting it, doing a full theme, allow overclocking, lightweight launcher, etc. This will take time though and I am just doing this in my free time. I will be sure to credit you when/if I release it.

I used to have a Droid X (that I dropped in a puddle by accident) and I put Liberty ROM on it. I want to study the tweaks that Liberty used and create something similar for the ZTE Radiant. That ROM was lightening fast and able to multitask very well. Anyways, just some thoughts.

Thanks again for your contributions!

Reactions: Xplex42
Upvote 0
hroark13 ... Thanks so much for all the great work.

I'm trying to use dsixda's Android Kitchen (I can't put in URL's, but a Google search will locate it), however the developer for Android Kitchen says....

"If your device is not listed in post #1 of this thread, and it does NOT use a 'YAFFS'-based filesystem (e.g. usually only low-end devices use YAFFS), do not attempt to flash a ROM that you built with this kitchen. Instead, you must do the following if your device is NOT listed..." etc

Any idea how to get it working for the Z740? I will try it with the stock ROM you provided, and I have a backup I made as well in case anything goes wrong.

Also, I hope to release a custom ROM for this device. I'll be removing the bloatware, rooting it, doing a full theme, allow overclocking, lightweight launcher, etc. This will take time though and I am just doing this in my free time. I will be sure to credit you when/if I release it.

I used to have a Droid X (that I dropped in a puddle by accident) and I put Liberty ROM on it. I want to study the tweaks that Liberty used and create something similar for the ZTE Radiant. That ROM was lightening fast and able to multitask very well. Anyways, just some thoughts.

Thanks again for your contributions!

you can make a rom with the kitchen, but use my install script that is in the de-odexed rom

my script flashes to the right partition, creates the needed symlinks, and sets the correct permissions

the install script is in the META-INF folder

just replace the META-INF in what ever rom you make with my META-INF folder and re-zip it

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones