• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

zte speed wont root, kitkat 4.4.4 update via sd card? backup system files

do I need to root? here's what I want to do. get rid of factory bloatware, and stop the damn thing from asking if I want to connect to the boost network, more than likely i won't get actually connect it to boosts network, just use it for wifi. and in the car as gps and for the torque app. ive tried 3 PC rooting programs, tried bogging the phone down with 3 benchmark testers at the same time, nothing works. so, could I load an already rooted update on the sd card and load in recovery mode? Or is there another way to get rid of the bloatware ill never use?

finally, as far as backups go, can I just copy the phones system files onto the computer for backup? I'm afraid with my tinkering I'm going to screw up my phone and not be able to use it. or whats out there for backup apps that don't need root access to make a full backup? or can I get a PC program that backs up the device? I'm a newb when it comes to android. learning though. thanks folks..

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones