• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE U960 ROM Discussion

Hi,
anyone can help, i cannot root the phone after updating to 02b08. i have forgotten to replace the rf.zte file.

thanks
I have just used The Solutor's method to do the same thing and had replaced the rf.zte file. Obviously I have done something wrong - the baseband does appear to be updated but I can not reboot the phone in recovery mode to reload my backed up data.

The update program was all in Chinese text and I suppose I must have clicked an incorrect button. The phone is working with a Chinese ROM (software version GSJ9?). Using the filer utility, I can see that my saved apps and backup files are on the SD card. It seems like my phone is now unrooted - is that possible? Is there any other method to get to recovery mode apart from starting the phone with the Volume Up button depressed, as that does not work?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Hi,
anyone can help, i cannot root the phone after updating to 02b08. i have forgotten to replace the rf.zte file.

thanks

I looked Russian forum. People wrote me: You need to put recovery through fastboot. Before it You need put the drivers from Motorola, there are links on this forum. Then You need to put catty62 rom and recover IMEI (IT HAS THIS OPPORTUNITY). After that You may to put any rom You choosed.
May be anybody may give the link to Motorola drivers.

Besides, I can't describe, how to work with fastboot.

Upvote 0
I have just used The Solutor's method to do the same thing and had replaced the rf.zte file. Obviously I have done something wrong - the baseband does appear to be updated but I can not reboot the phone in recovery mode to reload my backed up data.

The update program was all in Chinese text and I suppose I must have clicked an incorrect button. The phone is working with a Chinese ROM (software version GSJ9?). Using the filer utility, I can see that my saved apps and backup files are on the SD card. It seems like my phone is now unrooted - is that possible? Is there any other method to get to recovery mode apart from starting the phone with the Volume Up button depressed, as that does not work?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, it is possible. Try to get root. However, You may have adb conflict? If no, You will need to use the higher version of update or use fastboot.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately I am a 66 year old geezer with his first android phone. If you could dumb it down a bit on adb conflict, fastboot etc., I would appreciate it as I am still not sure how to proceed from my present position.

Sorry, i got it by other way, i found a master in china phones and asked him to restore recovery and root for me. I copied all solutor's and catty's files (roms, recovery) for him so work go quickly.My phone was repaid during one day.

Upvote 0
Phone update to 2B08:
I followed the excellent how-to prepared by "The Solutor" -Thanks.
http://androidforums.com/4380734-post370.html

Unfortunately the program could not recognize my phone.
USB driver installed (Join me working fine)
USB driver reinstalled
*983*87274# applied -when I discovered the connection probelem
set mode utility applied -when I discovered the connection probelem
Phone/PC - Vista Enterprise SP2
Previously I used the same PC and succeed to upgrade 07 - which is now the actual SW level.

Any hint?
Thanks in advance,
KToM73

Upvote 0
Phone update to 2B08:
I followed the excellent how-to prepared by "The Solutor" -Thanks.
http://androidforums.com/4380734-post370.html

Unfortunately the program could not recognize my phone.
USB driver installed (Join me working fine)
USB driver reinstalled
*983*87274# applied -when I discovered the connection probelem
set mode utility applied -when I discovered the connection probelem
Phone/PC - Vista Enterprise SP2
Previously I used the same PC and succeed to upgrade 07 - which is now the actual SW level.

Any hint?
Thanks in advance,
KToM73

I use Vista also. I had the same problem previously. Are you try to install PDANET? There are install for PC and phone including driver search.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the answer.
I installed, connected via tether (USB also connected -if I disconnect connection closed).
Still no access to the phone.

Am I wrong?

Thanks in advance,
KToM73

I installed PDANET on my PC when phone is connected by USB cable.
During installing program seaches android devices.
I forgot a link, I found it method on web.There were some others issues.

Besides, are You tried other rom? My phone is from etotalk. When I write them, they offered me to use 1.6b rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones