• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2020 MLB Wold Series

I hate the Dodger's , I'm a Padre's fan.

I recently became a fan of the Dodgers thanks to my friend @ocnbrze . In fact, I never watch Major League Baseball until now. Game 1 was really exciting. The pitcher who caught that batters ball and threw it back to second bass and causing two out's was a dam good play.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am pulling for the Rays. I have no big care one way or another but I've never been a Dodgers fan. I was a Yankee fan as a kid when Mantle and Maris were playing. They were every kids idols and they squared off against the Dodgers all of the time. That's not a good reason to root against the Dodgers but that's baseball. :)

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Of course I'm pulling for the Dodgers. They were cheated out of the title by the Astros; I still can't believe MLB didn't vacate that title!, so they're overdue for one.

Anyway, with the Lakers having done their part, now it's up to the Dodgers to do what hasn't happened since 1988: Los Angeles having two champion sports teams. Dodger blue all the way! :D

Reactions: ocnbrze and MrJavi
Upvote 0
Of course I'm pulling for the Dodgers. They were cheated out of the title by the Astros; I still can't believe MLB didn't vacate that title!, so they're overdue for one.

Anyway, with the Lakers having done their part, now it's up to the Dodgers to do what hasn't happened since 1988: Los Angeles having two champion sports teams. Dodger blue all the way! :D

Finally !!! A fellow Dodgers fan :) LOL

Upvote 0
Finally !!! A fellow Dodgers fan :) LOL
When I was a kid, I went to some Dodgers games, and it was so fun! But I'm really just a casual Dodgers fan--unlike the Lakers. :eek:

I bleed purple and gold! When I lived in Dallas, I had NBA League Pass on DirecTV, which gave me all the Lakers' games, with local [LA] coverage. In other words, watching the games was just like watching them here, with the incomparable Chick Hearn calling them. :D

Now, my live-in helper is a different story. She's a rabid Dodgers fan! So this is very exciting for her.

Upvote 0
well they lost game 2. i think the dodgers were still flowing from the previous game 7 with ATL. todays game was what i was more expecting to be honest with you. the rays have really good pitching and a very good bullpen......did i mention they can hit as well.

of course we, meaning the Dodgers, can hit as well. but we did not get the jump we had in game 1. plus we really did not have a game 2 starter. it was "all hands on deck" bullpen by committee. game 3 will start our ace Walker Buehler......so i think next game we will have much better pitching. i think in order for us to beat the Rays we need to get a jump on them from the start like we did in game 1.

oh well.....gonna drown my sorrows with some beer and a cheap cigar:saddroid::saddroid::saddroid::saddroid:

Upvote 0
When I was a kid, I went to some Dodgers games, and it was so fun! But I'm really just a casual Dodgers fan--unlike the Lakers. :eek:

I bleed purple and gold! When I lived in Dallas, I had NBA League Pass on DirecTV, which gave me all the Lakers' games, with local [LA] coverage. In other words, watching the games was just like watching them here, with the incomparable Chick Hearn calling them. :D

Now, my live-in helper is a different story. She's a rabid Dodgers fan! So this is very exciting for her.
the last time both the lakers and dodgers winning their respective championships in the same year was in 1988 with the historic Kirk Gibson home run

Upvote 0
I recently became a fan of the Dodgers thanks to my friend @ocnbrze . In fact, I never watch Major League Baseball until now. Game 1 was really exciting. The pitcher who caught that batters ball and threw it back to second bass and causing two out's was a dam good play.
well i'm glad i can turn you on to baseball. it is a sport that has a lot of meaning to me. when i was 5, my dad took me to my very first dodger game. i got to see Steve Sax, Steve Garvey, and Pedro Guerrero.....those guys were my favorites. and on that day Fernando Valenzuela was pitching. so i got to see firsthand Fernando mania. and it was on that day that i fell in love with baseball.

but it is not my favorite sport believe it or not. the sport i'm the most passion about is hockey.......but that is a whole other story for a later day....LOL

Upvote 0
well i'm glad i can turn you on to baseball. it is a sport that has a lot of meaning to me. when i was 5, my dad took me to my very first dodger game. i got to see Steve Sax, Steve Garvey, and Pedro Guerrero.....those guys were my favorites. and on that day Fernando Valenzuela was pitching. so i got to see firsthand Fernando mania. and it was on that day that i fell in love with baseball.

but it is not my favorite sport believe it or not. the sport i'm the most passion about is hockey.......but that is a whole other story for a later day....LOL

Im an NFL kind of guy myself. The Dallas Cowboys are my team, yeah I know they suck!!! Not since the days of Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Deion Sanders, and Jay Novacek have they been any good but Im still a loyal Cowboys fan nonetheless. What the hell, Im from Texas. GO COWBOYS!!!!!

Upvote 0
Padre's i dont think i have ever met anyone that is a fan of the padres.....they are definitely and up and coming team. they should be very competitive in years to come especially when you have Tatis.

Well when you are from and live in San Diego it helps, really wish we would have went further......... Welcome to Slam Diego was our motto this short season.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Im an NFL kind of guy myself. The Dallas Cowboys are my team, yeah I know they suck!!! Not since the days of Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Deion Sanders, and Jay Novacek have they been any good but Im still a loyal Cowboys fan nonetheless. What the hell, Im from Texas. GO COWBOYS!!!!![/QUOTE

I'm with you on that one MrJavi, been a Cowboys fan as long as i knew what football was.... we lost a great one in Bob Hayes not long ago.

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
the last time both the lakers and dodgers winning their respective championships in the same year was in 1988
Why, yes...I believe I mentioned that. :D
with the historic Kirk Gibson home run
That was amazing!

And that was the year the Lakers won the Pat Riley-guaranteed back-to-back title. At the celebration, when Riley THOUGHT about guaranteeing another one, Kareem stuck a towel[?] in his mouth!

This came last night; it's part of my order:

IMG_20201022_115506~(1).jpg

I haven't even opened it yet.

Upvote 0
Why, yes...I believe I mentioned that. :D

That was amazing!

And that was the year the Lakers won the Pat Riley-guaranteed back-to-back title. At the celebration, when Riley THOUGHT about guaranteeing another one, Kareem stuck a towel[?] in his mouth!

This came last night; it's part of my order:

View attachment 154471

I haven't even opened it yet.

I would leave it the way it is, it will become a Collectors item :thinking:

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Im an NFL kind of guy myself. The Dallas Cowboys are my team, yeah I know they suck!!! Not since the days of Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Deion Sanders, and Jay Novacek have they been any good but Im still a loyal Cowboys fan nonetheless. What the hell, Im from Texas. GO COWBOYS!!!!!

So sorry :) They have more than their fair share of problems this year. I know just how you feel however. I've been a Chiefs fan for fifty years and there are so many years upon years where they were just terrible. I'm still a fan be it thick or thin and I'm enjoying the current ride. They will be struggling sometime in the future and I'll still be a fan. That's the way it should be.

Baseball... well I'm a Royals fan. Beyond four or five seasons in the last fifty, they have been no more than a pro farm team. I still root for them and I always will.

Upvote 0
So sorry :) They have more than their fair share of problems this year. I know just how you feel however. I've been a Chiefs fan for fifty years and there are so many years upon years where they were just terrible. I'm still a fan be it thick or thin and I'm enjoying the current ride. They will be struggling sometime in the future and I'll still be a fan. That's the way it should be.

Baseball... well I'm a Royals fan. Beyond four or five seasons in the last fifty, they have been no more than a pro farm team. I still root for them and I always will.
You're a true fan, @olbriar. I like that. :)

I can't stand bandwagon fans. You know, the folks who wrap themselves in Team X gear--the year Team X wins the title. Next year, if Team Y wins the title, you guessed it! They're wrapped in Team Y gear. :rolleyes:

Then there are people who are truly fans. Through thick and thin, good times and bad, awful records and championships, they're there rooting for their team. :D

Upvote 0
so back on topic........LOL

i think the Dodgers are in now in a good position. We can now stack our starters unlike game 2 where we played the reliever game. We will start our ace Walker Buehler, next will be Jolio Urias, and then Clayton Kershaw for game 5. our bats came alive later in the game......so i'm not worried about that.

the main thing is that our offense has to jump on them early. it will be hard going against Charlie Morton, however.....it should be a good game.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones