• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Market Update

mjschmidt

Android Expert
Jun 27, 2009
In my house.
So, Google is updating the Android Market, and according to their blog it is going out for ALL devices running 1.6 and above.

I've contacted RogersMary to confirm if that includes Canadians (and specifically Rogers customers), however I have yet to have a response.

The update is supposed to be delivered OTA, and started rolling out Dec 13. Have any of you see it yet?

Android Developers Blog: Android Market Client Update

And before anyone starts suggesting it, yes, i know there is an .apk out there to side load it, however there have also been some warnings about using it. Even if there weren't potential issues, my concern is not about getting it for myself (and/or my ability to "just load the .apk") but rather whether or not the majority of "common" users (who aren't likely side-loading apps) going to get it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones