• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anybody get visual voicemail working with Ting?

nathanb

Lurker
Mar 24, 2011
I have a Nexus 5 using Ting. One unexpected side effect of switching is that apparently I traveled back in time to 2008 when it comes to voicemails, since Ting don't have a visual voicemail app.

I briefly tried Youmail, but it didn't work for me. I wasn't super enthused about using a third-party service to manage my voicemails, but it doesn't seem like I have much choice.

Anybody got some solution that will save me from making a call to deal with voicemails?

I have a Nexus 5 using Ting. One unexpected side effect of switching is that apparently I traveled back in time to 2008 when it comes to voicemails, since Ting don't have a visual voicemail app.

I briefly tried Youmail, but it didn't work for me. I wasn't super enthused about using a third-party service to manage my voicemails, but it doesn't seem like I have much choice.

Anybody got some solution that will save me from making a call to deal with voicemails?

Try to see what Sprint does on their N5s. I would expect that if anybody can do it, it will be in that thread.
Nexus 5 - All Things Root - Android Forums

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones