• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Baseball 2024

The Royals got their bats out and beat the Rangers last night at Kauffman Stadium 7-1. There record is now 20-13 .606 W percentage. It's nothing to jump up and down about but they are playing better ball than last year. That's positive.

If they keep that up that .606 win percentage (winning 6 out of 10 games) they will probably win the division. The Twins won the division last year with a .537 win percentage (winning a hair over 5 out of 10 games)

Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 09-13-54 2023 mlb standings - Google Search.png

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
And.... I held my breath as the Royals went into the 9th with a one run lead. I could just see them giving this game away just like last night. They managed to get a reviewed close call on a double play and a third out ground out to short. I like winning a series opener. It gives a team something to shoot for.

I had to double check what I thought the announcers said following the game. Tonight's W was number 21 for the Royals. Last year they won their 21st game on June 22 Bwahahaha. They stunk so bad last year.

Upvote 0
I've said it before but I'll say it again, the Royals lack a closer. Same old story... up two runs, two outs, give up a single, walk the next batter with four straight balls, then gave up a three run homer. They went down watching the strikes and swinging at the balls in the bottom of the 9th to lose by one. It's happened so many times it makes me sick.

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
I moaned and groaned and bitched until my parrot was mad at me about losing last night but like the faithful fan I am, I was ready to root for them again tonight. I should have looked because their game today was played this afternoon and I missed it. So they didn't get the sweep but they did win the series against the Brewers. We start a four game series at the Angels tomorrow night. I'd like to win that series on the road. :)

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones