• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BLU Dash 4 smart phone APN settings

Got my wife a smart phone, I decided to try the BLU Dash 4 unlocked phone. Our cell service carrier is Consumer Cellular. This replaces her older non smart phone. Did not buy the phone from CC, got it at Walmart. I took the Sim card out of her old phone, put it in her new phone and the voice and texting worked OK. The internet and MMS were inop. I went to the APN settings and set them to the values listed in one of this forum's posts and then the internet works OK but still no MMS. Spent several days experimenting with different APN settings but could not get MMS to work. I'm not sure what the mmsc parameter is but I left it blank through all my experiments because of the many forum examples I viewed it was always blank. For the mmsc parameter I entered, http://mmsc.cingular.com, cycled power on the phone and yahoo now MMS works. I could not find in any forum the APN settings that someone had used on a BLU Dash cell phone. I will include the settings I used to get my wife's BLU cell phone going. I did call Consumer Cellular support for this problem but they weren't much help, they did want the IMEI # of the new phone which I gave them.

APN settings used for a BLU Dash 4 phone. Listed in the same order as displayed in the APN settings menu. Android version 4.2.2

Name, Consumer Cellular
APN, att.mvno
APN type, default,mms,supl
Proxy, not set
Port, not set
Username, not set
Password, not set
Server, not set
MMSC, http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy, 66.209.11.32
MMS port, 80
MCC, 310
MNC, 410
Authentication type, PAP or CHAP
APN protocol, IPv4
APN roaming protocol, Ipv4
APN enable/disable, APN enabled, should be a check mark to the right
Bearer, unspecified

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones