• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Covid Vaccination.....did you get yours yet?(boosters included)

Did they ask about your shot history?

You mean like how many Jägermeister's you can do before you pass out?

We are asked to bring our vaccination card, which has all the relevant info on it. I'm not sure what the protocol is if you don't have it -- or a photo of it. BTW, I was able to go online and download a printable copy of my shot records for the first two, but the booster was not listed.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I see many of you are still being good little sheep supporting big pharma :thumbsupdroid:. I am generally not into conspiracies, new world order things but with COVID 19 :thumbsdowndroid: right off the bat there was crap that didn't add up.
First how quickly it spread ( it was intentional) the development of the vaccine and how quickly it got to market.
Oh well we have come really far in science, technology and medicine :D
Than for a year and half of being told to get the vaccine, then the booster and then the second booster, pretty certain the CDC had a prequel vaccine to the first covid 19 vaccine, kind of like the prequel star war movies.
Then what was the CDC came out and admitted,?? Oh yeah the vaccine and boosters might not be effective against it.
Than it comes out that certain people or groups want to do testing with viruses on the general population to see the effects.
But certain government agencies said yeah we don't think so.
But who would later approve of the funds to support such research?? That's right the CDC.
And when people remember they had a thing called a brain and it was okay to use it and think for themselves.
They started asking questions and guess what they got a lot of double talk from the government.
Now it's been months and basically no mention of shots and booster. Yes there was the conflicting thing between Biden and everyone else about covid.
Then there is the mysterious disappearance of fucci , the guy was all the news, for most of 2020, 2021 and the first half of 2022.
Said it on day one when people lost their minds over COVID-19, something doesn't add up, I was right :D:thumbsupdroid:
If you haven't figured it out by now, COVID 19 was about two things control and profit :cashdroid: $$$$$$$$$$
Oh one last thing to remember is the vaccine and booster shots were all experimental :specsdroid::goofydroid:

Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0
I see many of you are still being good little sheep supporting big pharma :thumbsupdroid:. I am generally not into conspiracies, new world order things but with COVID 19 :thumbsdowndroid: right off the bat there was crap that didn't add up.
First how quickly it spread ( it was intentional) the development of the vaccine and how quickly it got to market.
Oh well we have come really far in science, technology and medicine :D
Than for a year and half of being told to get the vaccine, then the booster and then the second booster, pretty certain the CDC had a prequel vaccine to the first covid 19 vaccine, kind of like the prequel star war movies.
Then what was the CDC came out and admitted,?? Oh yeah the vaccine and boosters might not be effective against it.
Than it comes out that certain people or groups want to do testing with viruses on the general population to see the effects.
But certain government agencies said yeah we don't think so.
But who would later approve of the funds to support such research?? That's right the CDC.
And when people remember they had a thing called a brain and it was okay to use it and think for themselves.
They started asking questions and guess what they got a lot of double talk from the government.
Now it's been months and basically no mention of shots and booster. Yes there was the conflicting thing between Biden and everyone else about covid.
Then there is the mysterious disappearance of fucci , the guy was all the news, for most of 2020, 2021 and the first half of 2022.
Said it on day one when people lost their minds over COVID-19, something doesn't add up, I was right :D:thumbsupdroid:
If you haven't figured it out by now, COVID 19 was about two things control and profit :cashdroid: $$$$$$$$$$
Oh one last thing to remember is the vaccine and booster shots were all experimental :specsdroid::goofydroid:
yep good little sheep here. i do not see why taking it is so bad. it is harmless to take. its not like you are going to die from the shot. it is not like the shot has some kind of microchip to make sure you are behaving like good little sheep as you say. if anything, it will keep not only me but everyone around me healthy.

you are just putting forth conspiracies despite saying you are generally not into it. this thread is meant for people to celebrate that they have been immunized.

your anti-government stance does not belong here. this thread is not meant for conspiracies and anti-vax theories. you can express them in the PCA forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
I'm an older person. Not too old. I've had asthma all my life along with other respiratory issues. So far, with the help of the Lord, using wisdom and the vaccines, I've escaped covid-19, which if I got it, could do quite a number on me. My adult daughter is very very concerned for me in this, so you will pardon me if I get the boosters. I have to be careful. I am not afraid of dying. I am a believer in Jesus Christ and I believe I know where I am going, BUT I have a younger wife and a baby on the way. I have adult children who are still somewhat dependent on me $$ wise and certainly emotionally-wise. They lost their mother to cancer in 2017 so I do need to be there for them as their father until I can't. Not all people who get the shots are politically minded. Some of us do it out of love. My son doesn't trust the shot and I respect that. He's welcome not to.

Me? I have to for reasons stated above. So, let's all try to get along and not be jerks about all this. Being loving is much better than bloviating.

"With charity toward all and malice toward none"

Steven

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm an older person. Not too old. I've had asthma all my life along with other respiratory issues. So far, with the helps of the Lord, using wisdom and the vaccines, I've escaped covid-19, which if I got it, could do quite a number on me. My adult daughter is very very concerned for me in this, so you will pardon me if I get the boosters. I have to be careful. I am not afraid of dying. I am a believer in Jesus Christ and I believe I know where I am going, BUT I have a younger wife and a baby on the way. I have adult children who are still somewhat dependent on me $$ wise and certainly emotionally-wise. They lost their mother to cancer in 2017 so I do need to be there for them as their father until I can't. Not all people who get the shots are politically minded. Some of us do it out of love. My son doesn't trust the shot and I respect that. He's welcome not to.

Me? I have to for reasons stated above. So, let's all try to get along and not be jerks about all this. Being loving is much better than bloviating.

"With charity toward all and malice toward none"

Steven
thank you for those lovely words......couldn't agree more.

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
I have noticed in the recent week or two that there has been increased push to get people to get the vaccine and boosters.
A few days ago I heard one that spoke about you'll need to keep updated as vaccines and booster shots loose effectiveness over time and new strains of the virus will emerge
yes, it is true that viruses given time and many hosts will mutate and thus vaccines will lose their effectiveness. also over time our immune system will slowly forget about certain viruses and thus will fail to produce antibodies to fight the virus...and...thus a booster is needed.
https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2021/11/understanding-the-science-behind-a-vaccine-booster/

Upvote 0
Question is how many varriations is there, my friend Carlo just recently passed on once he did get it..
My condolences, Milo.

There are basically three options in the US.
Johnson & Johnson is a more traditional vaccine and requires a single shot. It generally is not as effective as the newer generation vaccines.

Moderna and Pfizer are new generation vaccines that use RNA markers from the virus’ spike proteins (how the virus generally attacks). These are two-dose regimens and both also have new doses that protect against both the original strain as well as a recent variant that is more contagious.

I’ve had Moderna all the way while my wife (and most of my sister’s family) have had Pfizer. None of us have contracted Covid.

Good luck, Milo.

Upvote 0
I had the bivalent Pfizer booster a few weeks ago. My wife had hers in a different place and got the Moderna bivalent. The omicron strains' greater ability to escape the earlier vaccines make them the rational choice, so these are the two that are available in the UK currently: older (monovalent) versions are not being used in the current booster campaign here. (If you don't know the jargon, the original vaccines were designed for the original covid strain only, hence "monovalent". The bivalent ones are designed for that plus the 2 main omicron strains, which the older vaccines are less effective against).

I'm sorry to hear that Milo. No vaccine is 100% effective, it depends on the individual's response to it, and sadly there will be people for whom it's not sufficient. There are a lot of variants out there, but at any given time there are usually a small number of variants responsible for the majority of cases - which variants will change with time and location. It may be that your friend got a strain that was better at evading the immunity, or that he didn't respond strongly to the vaccine, or that he was simply more susceptible to the virus, but at some level it all comes down to being unlucky.

If the vaccines we had were better at reducing transmission that would reduce the risk of susceptible people being exposed (provided enough people took them), but sadly while they have some impact on transmission it's not sufficient to effectively block it. For other diseases that's not the case, and outbreaks can be effectively prevented by a vaccination campaign.

Upvote 0
My condolences, Milo.

There are basically three options in the US.
Johnson & Johnson is a more traditional vaccine and requires a single shot. It generally is not as effective as the newer generation vaccines.

Moderna and Pfizer are new generation vaccines that use RNA markers from the virus’ spike proteins (how the virus generally attacks). These are two-dose regimens and both also have new doses that protect against both the original strain as well as a recent variant that is more contagious.

I’ve had Moderna all the way while my wife (and most of my sister’s family) have had Pfizer. None of us have contracted Covid.

Good luck, Milo.
Yeah never contracted myself, my sister, and my mother's boyfriend caught it, but I only had a small cold at that time. I never got it at all.
Thank you very much.

Upvote 0
I got my bivalent booster (Pfizer) along with the flu shot in September along with my wife who also added the shingles vaccine to her list of jabs. Sore arm for a day. We both work in office situations where people travel and given that exposure vector, we both tested positive earlier in the year, although not at the same time. It wasn't even a mild flu for either of us, and she is immuno-compromised (she has scleroderma). We'll keep getting them for as long as is recommended by our doctor.

My best friend in the world, a man for whom I'd donate a kidney even if i only had one, was influenced to distrust the vaccine and recently got COVID on a trip to visit his daughter in NV. He was bedridden for two weeks and I was seriously afraid for him. We've talked about it but I respect his right to make his own choices even though I don't agree with them. We can talk about that stuff and be on opposite ends of the political spectrum and still be best friends. I wish everybody could do that.

Reactions: olbriar and Hadron
Upvote 0
China is a tricky one to judge by: they will not use non-Chinese vaccines and their own one is less effective. Many people are unvaccinated, including high risk groups, so outbreaks are potentially more serious. And the policy of total suppression isn't really workable, but without widespread effective vaccination any outbreak is potentially very nasty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones