• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to get Foxfi working on my Honor 5X?

S

SweetestDiabetic

I have the $60 unlimited plan on Metropcs. I'm trying to make foxfi premium block my usage so I have unlimited hotspot, but it keeps using my limited hotspot data istead of my unlimited data plan. I want to use a Chromebook or my Roku TV on it. I live out in the country now after an abrupt move, so broadband isn't a beautiful option like i'd want (but i have t mobile yeah i know. . . it's like right off the interstate into farmland). If anyone could help this TN boy out, I'd appreciate it.

This is the first time I have heard of this situation.

Most folks don't have Hotspot on their account, and FoxFi just works by using the normal DATA package.

Somehow, your phone having Hotspot activated, knows that if you are activating the WiFi radio in your phone, that it must toggle the subscription to Metropcs' servers. That of course is drawing down on your HotSpot data plan...

question? Why did you get HotSpot? was it part of your data plan already?

IMO, you need to call up Metropcs and turn off the Hotspot feature on your plan....
once that is done, then FoxFi should work just fine.

Upvote 0
The tethering feature is now automatically included in the MetroPCS plans, there is no option to turn it on or off.
The unlimited plan has an 8GB/month tethering limit.
Even if you could manage to get around the limit for tethering, using a Roku and streaming lots of HD through the phone would likely get you flagged for excessive use and throttled at some point. The unlimited plan does actually have a limit, most normal users will never see it but if you use your service as a substitute for a proper ISP then you may. You should carefully read the Metro terms of service.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay, understand that now.

I feel for his dilemma for being in a 'rural area'... I am also, but at least I have a telephone ADSL access to the internet... not real fast, but it is internet. Something like 10.4 downloads. and it is unlimited which is what he wants.... it is provided by AT&T so the OP should see if his home telco provider can provide him with internet.

Rural living is nice, right up until we want all the goodies that apartment dwellers seem to take for granted.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones