• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Leaked Gingerbread Discussion Thread

gb-radio.png

So far so good... -77 most of the time, with some random fluctuations into the upper 80's, but I've gotten that with every single radio I've ever used. This is with Nils 2.1/3.0 (I'm waiting on the leaked GB version before going back to straight 3.0)

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0

I think this is the same RUU that xda is discussing. It looks like there is some questions whether this the real RUU or if it is really different than the incubus leak from earlier this week except it includes the radio [RUU] HTC Incredible Official GB RUU Leaked 4.06.605.2 - Page 7 - xda-developers. I hope the OTA rolls out soon so we can find out for sure.

Upvote 0
I think this is the same RUU that xda is discussing. It looks like there is some questions whether this the real RUU or if it is really different than the incubus leak from earlier this week except it includes the radio [RUU] HTC Incredible Official GB RUU Leaked 4.06.605.2 - Page 7 - xda-developers. I hope the OTA rolls out soon so we can find out for sure.

I haven't looked into it enough to see if they're the same, but I am dead certain that the leaked RUU is not the one being pushed OTA evetually. They have some bugs to fix, and /system/app is deodexed. Official OTAs aren't set up like that.

Upvote 0
I haven't looked into it enough to see if they're the same, but I am dead certain that the leaked RUU is not the one being pushed OTA evetually. They have some bugs to fix, and /system/app is deodexed. Official OTAs aren't set up like that.

Okay, So there are issues with these leaked roms and RUUs that came off the future OTA. I have been hesitant to make a move cause I have a phone right now that really has just about zero issues. Honestly, when I read the 'fixes' that the OTA brings to our device, it was news to me that I had these issues. So I didn't want to lose what I have just to gain speed and battery. I'm waiting to gain that without losing function.

Upvote 0

What are the bugs? Besides of course a Sprint build.prop file that incubus fixed. I haven't seen any bugs and I have been using incubus' rom since Monday. Of course i reflashed Tuesday with the fixed build.prop.

Upvote 0
Okay, So there are issues with these leaked roms and RUUs that came off the future OTA.

It's not the future OTA. Final RUUs from Verizon/HTC are completely odexed. In this RUU, /system/app was deodexed. Verizon doesn't ship the official update like that. So, there's at least one change that will occur when the final OTA ships.

What are the bugs? Besides of course a Sprint build.prop file that incubus fixed. I haven't seen any bugs and I have been using incubus' rom since Monday. Of course i reflashed Tuesday with the fixed build.prop.

-Upon a full power cycle, with GPS turned on, you'll get the GPS nag again, even if you select "never warn."
-Touching the clock on the clock/weather widget launches the world clock instead of the desk clock.

I haven't dug too deep yet. I haven't even tried the Bluetooth yet (a major flaw with the May leak). However, these tiny bugs (and likely a few others I either missed, forgot, or haven't encountered yet) are likely the reasons for the last minute hold up. The final OTA will be different from this leak, although ever so slightly. It won't be the drastic difference we saw from the May leak to this one.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Guys, I flashed this RUU and it works great. Got some elements from other versions of HTC Sense and it runs really smooth. The boot.. REALLY FAST!!!!!! Not kidding give it 15 seconds most and it should be up.

Link in the quote for the RUU ;)
The GB OTA radio is now available:
[radio] gb ota radio 2.15.10.07.07 - xda-developers

The boot time is "faked." When you "shut down" the phone, it just goes into a hibernate. So, when you "boot" it back up, it's very quick. Put it to the test. Shut it down, then do a battery pull when it's "off." Re-insert the battery and reboot. Won't be so fast.

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
Guys, I flashed this RUU and it works great. Got some elements from other versions of HTC Sense and it runs really smooth. The boot.. REALLY FAST!!!!!! Not kidding give it 15 seconds most and it should be up.

Link in the quote for the RUU ;)
The GB OTA radio is now available:
[radio] gb ota radio 2.15.10.07.07 - xda-developers

Your link doesn't include one to the RUU and gives no credit. I don't know if this is a rule or just common courtesy. Also, flashing the 2.3 RUU without root could cause one to lose ability to root for an undetermined time unless you are S-OFF. Just saying. Thank you for the post though. Not trying to be condescending by any means.

jmar

Upvote 0
The boot time is "faked." When you "shut down" the phone, it just goes into a hibernate. So, when you "boot" it back up, it's very quick. Put it to the test. Shut it down, then do a battery pull when it's "off." Re-insert the battery and reboot. Won't be so fast.

Will we be seeing your take (updated I should say) on GB soon with the OTA, RUU, and radios out now?

Upvote 0

That's correct. Having said that, it's still a great performing ROM. Sure wish we'd had this a year ago!! CM7 is nice but it's not for everyone.

Upvote 0
Your link doesn't include one to the RUU and gives no credit. I don't know if this is a rule or just common courtesy. Also, flashing the RUU could cause one to lose root for an undetermined time. Just saying. Thank you for the exciting post though. Not trying to be condescending by any means.

jmar

In the reply link is what I mean when I replied to the other post. sorry. Link I put was the radio.
As for flashing the RUU, just get the 2.2 RUU from dougpiston.com. (If you want to reroot).

Upvote 0

I just did a battery pull, still same. No slower no faster. Don't believe me ill record a video to show you (only if you dont believe me and you want me to video it).

Upvote 0
Your link doesn't include one to the RUU and gives no credit. I don't know if this is a rule or just common courtesy. Also, flashing the RUU could cause one to lose root for an undetermined time. Just saying. Thank you for the exciting post though. Not trying to be condescending by any means.

jmar

If you have s-off you can re-root your phone no problem. I did it last night, just flashed CWM 3.0.0.8 as a PB31IMG.zip file ( got it from dougpiston.com) and then flashed superuser 2.3.6.3 efgh (downloaded from ROM Manager). Older versions of superuser do not work.

Upvote 0
In the reply link is what I mean when I replied to the other post. sorry. Link I put was the radio.
As for flashing the RUU, just get the 2.2 RUU from dougpiston.com.

2.2 RUU is old brother. 2.3 RUU is the new one...which has been posted. Please correct/update your post to reflect this. Thank you, and again, no hard feelings. Just want the community to have the correct info.

jmar

Upvote 0
If you have s-off you can re-root your phone no problem. I did it last night, just flashed CWM 3.0.0.8 as a PB31IMG.zip file ( got it from dougpiston.com) and then flashed superuser 2.3.6.3 efgh (downloaded from ROM Manager). Older versions of superuser do not work.

Thank you. Wasn't sure this had been confirmed. Thank you for confirming it. I will edit my post.

jmar

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones