• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Leaked Gingerbread Discussion Thread

2.2 RUU is old brother. 2.3 RUU is the new one...which has been posted. Please correct/update your post to reflect this. Thank you, and again, no hard feelings. Just want the community to have the correct info.

jmar

I meant if you wanna root again I would just install 2.2 with the RUU. (no attitude included, it can be taken that way)

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
I meant if you wanna root again I would just install 2.2 with the RUU. (no attitude included, it can be taken that way)

I got you brother, but I will say just this: keep your posts clear and concise... when you MEAN one thing but TYPE another it can be difficult for a noob to filter. Remember that as an experienced user you must give direction in a way that EVERYONE can delineate. That is all sir. No condescend intended.

jmar

Upvote 0

Not sure if I'm interpreting the intention here but be careful if you plan to flash the new, leaked RUU, and then flash the 2.2 RUU for the purpose of regaining root. I was told, but have not yet verified, that the bootloader was updated in the new RUU. If that's the case, the downgrade attempt will fail with the "main version is older" message.

Upvote 0
Not sure if I'm interpreting the intention here but be careful if you plan to flash the new, leaked RUU, and then flash the 2.2 RUU for the purpose of regaining root. I was told, but have not yet verified, that the bootloader was updated in the new RUU. If that's the case, the downgrade attempt will fail with the "main version is older" message.

Thank you. This what I was worried about, for others that is. Please be aware of the above post by iowabowtech.

Upvote 0
Last I heard, the rollout didn't actually start. It was delayed due to some issues with the RUU. Based on the leaked RUU this week, many of us can point out several issues. Most of them seem to be minor, but it's too early for me to tell if the Bluetooth was fixed yet (huge bug in the May leak). The first ROM I cooked off this RUU seemed to exhibit the same bug, but the new one I'm testing right now seems to be working.

Regardless, I don't think Verizon wanted to push an RUU to the Incredible that lists it essentially as an Evo under the "About Phone" settings. Easy fix, but I was digging around, and you'd be surprised just how much Sprint shit is in there. Seems to be more than past versions. There's always going to be some due to to how related these phones are, but if it makes it into the final release, I'm going to have a lot of cleaning to do.

What is the bluetooth bug you mention above?

Jeff

Upvote 0
I'm happy with it. Need the new radio to figure it out for sure, but its pretty smooth and snappy. I haven't seen a bug yet.

MolBasser

I'm too happy with cyanogenmod that I can't move to this ROM...yet. Really want to though...it's the time that it takes to get everything set the way I like that I'm not looking forward to...decisions, decisions...

Upvote 0
I'm too happy with cyanogenmod that I can't move to this ROM...yet. Really want to though...it's the time that it takes to get everything set the way I like that I'm not looking forward to...decisions, decisions...

if you make a nandroid backup of cm7, you can play around and them effortlessly go back the cm7 if you wan't to. Just a thought...

Upvote 0
What is the bluetooth bug you mention above?

Jeff

Jeff, from what I have experienced this week, it has worked beautifully with my jawbone! The voice dialing, and search have worked perfect, and no problems with listening to music or talking on the phone. On the first boot I put the jawbone in pairing mode, and paired it with the phone and have had no problems.

Upvote 0
One thing I did check right away was that the /data/data partition still is allocated @ 150MB so anyone with the low application storage issue will continue to have that issue. And the HTC mail app still looks like it uses that partition like it's own private dumping ground. Shame, I like the HTC mail app but it's worthless with the /data/data restriction.

Actually, they did address that. Check out this thread that mentions a bit on how it has been addressed.

[EDIT: Doh, see what I get for replying before catching up with the posts...this was already mentioned by other alert readers. Thanks, and sorry for the repetition!]

Cheers
RoboCuz

Upvote 0

Yes some people who flashed the RUU but had s-on have already tried downgrading and failed so the hboot has changed. HTC may eventually unlock the boot loader themselves but as of right now they only support 2 phones on their website. If people are going to flash the RUU they have to make absolutely sure they have s-off before they do it or else you will be stuck without root for a very long time. As will people who have never rooted and take the OTA once it starts.

Upvote 0
I went into Hboot but I don't see a different version than the last.

Heres what I got now

INCREDIBLEC XD SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-0.92.0000
MICROP-0417
TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC03_16ac
RADIO-2.15.10.07.07
Jul 23 2010, 18.06:51

I had version 0.92 before but not sure of the rest as I never wrote any of it down, I know the radio changed but that was expected and that shouldn't affect the bootloader. But somehow it knows your loading an older version. Maybe some type of script or command that runs before it trys to flash it that checks version number?

From my days with the Eris long ago I remember the same problem coming up. Its not that the boot loader version is changed but that there is some type of command inside of it to check version number. You could edit the bootloader to fix it but then you have no way to resign the file as it takes a signature only HTC has.

Upvote 0
I went into Hboot but I don't see a different version than the last.

Heres what I got now

INCREDIBLEC XD SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-0.92.0000
MICROP-0417
TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC03_16ac
RADIO-2.15.10.07.07
Jul 23 2010, 18.06:51

I had version 0.92 before but not sure of the rest as I never wrote any of it down, I know the radio changed but that was expected and that shouldn't affect the bootloader. But somehow it knows your loading an older version. Maybe some type of script or command that runs before it trys to flash it that checks version number?

From my days with the Eris long ago I remember the same problem coming up. Its not that the boot loader version is changed but that there is some type of command inside of it to check version number. You could edit the bootloader to fix it but then you have no way to resign the file as it takes a signature only HTC has.

Interesting, haven't seen that yet. Good to know.

Upvote 0
Jeff, from what I have experienced this week, it has worked beautifully with my jawbone! The voice dialing, and search have worked perfect, and no problems with listening to music or talking on the phone. On the first boot I put the jawbone in pairing mode, and paired it with the phone and have had no problems.

I use a Jawbone also and it has worked well for me, but the old version did too. I don't use voice dialing or listen to music over it. But, there is one issue that still continues with this latest version. Each time I turn off my Jawbone, the sound level reverts back low. I hate having to turn it back up each time I turn my Jawbone on. I wasn't sure if that was something that would be fixed with Gingerbread, or if it is part of HTC customizations which would mean it hasn't really changed since they kept Sense at version 1.

Maybe if I try a rom with a newer version of Sense it will be fixed.

Thanks,
Jeff

Upvote 0
Hi I have a question I have the ROM called incredibly re-engineered. Can I flash the 2.3 official leak on too of this ROM or do I have to be unrooted?

No you can't flash on top of it, it has to be a clean install. Though I have read some posts of people sucessfully flashing some of the custom gb roms based off of this on top of the old 2.2 sense.

Upvote 0
Anyone see any themes that can be used on this rom yet? I have been bugging the XDA crowd but so far nothing.

Would really like to change the battery icon in the status bar and hopefully a few other things like the bland and boring white pull down notification bar.

Hope the community comes up with something to spruce things up a bit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones