• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
And now it's arrived.
Had it only one day, so no real info re battery life.

but what else? I come from an HTC wildfire S, that ran Android 2.3, but it's now in my wife's hands and has recently been updated to Android 4.0 via the cyanogen mod rom.
The Cyanogen rom made the sluggish Wildfire quite crisp in performance, but the Acer is a step up again.

It feels small in the hand (and the pocket), and that to me is a big advantage, the screen seems huge compared to the Wildfire S, and quite a bit more crisp. My eyes are getting old :-( and this helps tremendously.

Performance wise on it's more basic processor fine. Android 4 was a big step up for performance, and in general use, calendars, web, contacts, texting, there is no issues what so ever.
As far as I can tell, my wife has a Google Nexus 7 tablet, this is stock Android.

The volume rocker has little rubber spikes on it, one for down, and two for up, making it easy to find and feel. The general feel of the phone to me feels quality - no issues there for me. The rear is a rubber feel coating, and helps it to be non-slip.

Removing the back reveals a very very thin plastic back - fair enough, to save space, but be careful replacing it, and follow the instructions in the separate sheet in the box. Once fitted, though, it's solid and not an issue.

Gaming - well you'll have to give me a few days to try, I'm no big gamer, but will try one or two.

Overall, for

Upvote 0
Well 10 more days down the line.

Battery is fine, lasts a day easy, gps fixes fast, call quality excellent - way better than I expected.

more complex games are ok, at least I've found it so as a non gamer.
Your angry birds variants all seem fine on it.

You get a little, and I mean little stuttering now and then when moving about stuff, but nothing like an Android 2.3 device, and for the bulk of the time it's not there, or not noticeable.

I really have no issues.
Nothing more to say
J

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones