• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missing photos... I accidently deleted..

most file manager apps might have a trash or recycle bin. but i think that refers to only if you used that app to delete something. if you used another app, i don't think that a file manager will be able to have that deleted item in its own "bin"......i could be wrong on that.

the only way i see you recovering those photos would be to use one of those services that are on the net that claim they can recover deleted photos. but i think most of those services are scams so be very careful. also i think most require that the device be rooted......so be extra careful with that.

it sounds like a lot of trouble for some deleted photos. but, memories are memories so i understand. this is why you should use some kind of cloud storage to back up your photos. i use google photos and i never have to worry about my photos. i still have photos taken from my HTC Evo 4G from waaaaay back in the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
most file manager apps might have a trash or recycle bin. but i think that refers to only if you used that app to delete something. if you used another app, i don't think that a file manager will be able to have that deleted item in its own "bin"......i could be wrong on that.

the only way i see you recovering those photos would be to use one of those services that are on the net that claim they can recover deleted photos. but i think most of those services are scams so be very careful. also i think most require that the device be rooted......so be extra careful with that.

it sounds like a lot of trouble for some deleted photos. but, memories are memories so i understand. this is why you should use some kind of cloud storage to back up your photos. i use google photos and i never have to worry about my photos. i still have photos taken from my HTC Evo 4G from waaaaay back in the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will attempt to look throughout my file manager though, but still it seems like an on and off project of mine... hmmm...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones