• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NET10 BYOP APN Settings

i had trouble getting my internet working on my at&t net10 phone,i have read the posts and they are all out dated settings.you only need to fill in a few things to get your phone working correctly.FIRST GO TO SETTINGS,MOBILE NETWORKS,APN, O.K. HERE ARE THE CORRECT SETTINGS. go to name type net10,go to apn type tfdata,go to mmsc type http;//mms-tf.net,go to mms proxy type mms3.tracfone.com,go to mms port type 80,go to mcc and type 310,go to mnc type 410 no other fields need set,after you set your phone to these settings click menu and save.turn your phone off and then back on you should now be surfing the net sending pic messages etc...hope this helps! THESE ARE THE CURRENT SETTINGS FOR YOUR AT&T PHONE WITH NET10 SIM CARD AS OF 5/19/2013

Reactions: lilbitdemon1
Upvote 0
Those are the exact settings I have on my wife's att galaxy s3 and picture messages do not work and voicemail does not work.

Voice Mail is handled through a separate number assigned by NET10 that you'll need to verify setup with NET10 customer service. If your MMS isn't working, check with NET10 as to what server they have your MMS assigned to and make sure it matches. If it does, see if they can assign you an alternate server.

Upvote 0
Regarding voicemail and picture messaging, I was having the same issues.

I called into net10 tech support with variant experiences.

Voicemail was painful. But after an hour was setup and running. They just needed to set my pin.

Picture messaging was a breeze and fixed in 15 minutes. They did something on the back end and wholla... It worked.

I utilized the settings on Net10 Sim site with no variations and everything appears to be working properly.

Upvote 0
Name: NET10
APN: tfdata
Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
Port: 80
Username: Not Set
Password: Not Set
Server: cingulargprs.com
MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: Not Set
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: Not Set
APN type: Not Set

Thanks my HTC Inspire is up and running with the mobile web now! PARTAY!

Reactions: blooddogg757
Upvote 0
All right! I missed this post on the way down, somehow. I tried this setup and can confirm data and picture messages are now working on my unlocked AT&T HTC Inspire 4G with Net10 service. Thanks again!
blooddogg757
i have the same set up as you, but cant get it goin...which of the above settings did u use..and did u use two separate inputs in the 'access point names' field in Mobile Networks Settings or just one?

Upvote 0
SOLVED as of July 16,2013.....ATT data/MMS settings ON Unlocked Att HTC Inspire 4G on NET10

Mod...If I posted this incorrectly, please place wherever it needs to be...

Finally got a net10 rep that cared.....I have an ATT (now unlocked) HTC Inspire 4G and yep....have MMS and everything else.

You have to do the following if the APN for MMS setting at the bottom of this post dont work. It is the steps that I had to take for my device (stated above)-

A. Unlocked the phone from ATT(may be needed... may not- I did) . I used Unlockthatphone. Doesnt matter who you use- its just who I ran across first.

B. Perform a Master Reset via Hardware (Back-up all your data first)
1. With the device turned off, press and hold both the Volume Up and Volume Down key. Note: To turn the device off completely, remove the battery.
2. With the Volume keys held down, press and release the Power key.
3. Release the Volume keys.
Press the Volume down key to scroll to FACTORY RESET.
4. With FACTORY RESET highlighted, press the Power key.
5. The handset will now reset to factory settings.

C. Ok,, then I went and input the following for the APN settings:

Go to MENU, then WIRELESS AND NETWORKS, then MOBILE NETWORKS, make sure ENABLE ALWAYS-ON MOBILE DATA is checked, then go to ACCESS POINT NAMES, touch bottom of screen on MENU, select NEW APN, then enter the values below exactly....

NAME-Net10
APN- tfdata
PROXY-BLANK
PORT-BLANK
USERNAME-BLANK
PASSWORD-BLANK
SERVER-BLANK
MMSC-http://mms-tf.net
MMS PROXY-mms3.tracfone.com
MMS PORT-80
MMS PROTCOL- WAP 2.0 (you may or may not have this setting)
MCC-310 (you may or may not have this setting)
MNC-410 (you may or may not have this setting)
AUTHENTICATION TYPE- BLANK
APN TYPE- BLANK

Now do a regular off/on RESTART of the phone. Send a PICTURE text to your own phone number. If you send/receive it back to you....GOOD TO GO

Big Thanks to you Mr Net10 rep that took the time to help and walk thru this 10+ hour dark tunnel search with me.....38 minutes to be exact with the Net10 rep.....big hug 2 u bud. :)

P.S If you ever get a net10 rep that wont help on an issue like I did...just hang up and call back to try to get another rep that will. Thats how I gots mine... ;)

Reactions: blooddogg757
Upvote 0
All right! Glad to see you got it working on your HTC Inspire 4G, I used these settings:

Name: NET10
APN: tfdata
Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
Port: 80
Username: Not Set
Password: Not Set
Server: cingulargprs.com
MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: Not Set
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: Not Set
APN type: Not Set
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4

These settings are confirmed working on HTC Inspire 4G as well as Pantech Pocket P9060.

Upvote 0
Thanks lxm777, I been trying to set up my Motorola Atrix HD with a NET10 APN all weekend. Your recommended settings worked for me. My phone is not Unlocked and running on a Net10/AT&T SIM Card with no problems now. Glad I found this post.

I also have an Atrix HD. The steps got my data to work, but I still cannot send or receive picture messages. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
you said these settings are for an AT&T phone?? says cingular?? ive used the basic apn settings for android phone they dont have them posted for this exact phone do you know what they would be because i can download use music players look up internet but no mms texts no pictures will download but i do get plain texts any idea what i can do im so lost and i cannot get the picture messages people send me at all and its driving me crazy.....

Upvote 0
Hi!
I was reading your post:
http://androidforums.com/net10/676048-net10-byop-apn-settings.html
I was trying to help my friend get her Samsung Captivate Glide setup with her Straight Talk AT&T BYOP sim card. ST recently changed their apn settings to the tf data setup and those settings came with the BYOP sim card.

I am unable to get her MMS to send/receive. I tried manually programming the phone as well as downloading the Tweakker app and using their Straight Talk AT&T configuration. Internet works, but the phone will send/receive MMS. Do you have any suggestions? I appreciate your time.

Upvote 0
there was a post in regards to a at&t htc aspire involving a factory reset and I gave it a shot on my lg optimus l9 and it all works after unlocking it I tried to use the ones net10 supplies you but they don't work but these did on my lg optimus l9 that was tmobile and is now at&t net10 haven't received a pic message yet but data is up and running 4g

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones