• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New # then Port #?

Vipfreak

Android Enthusiast
Sep 15, 2010
Can I activate Straight talk with a new number to try their service (at$t) and if I do like it then Port my original number from my Sprint service? (samsung note international version)

Reason, I don't want to lose my crappy Sprint service if it turns out Straight Talk isn't as good. I feel like it won't be the case though.

Or do you guys have better advice? Thanks

Thanks in advance

Can I activate Straight talk with a new number to try their service (at$t) and if I do like it then Port my original number from my Sprint service? (samsung note international version)

Reason, I don't want to lose my crappy Sprint service if it turns out Straight Talk isn't as good. I feel like it won't be the case though.

Or do you guys have better advice? Thanks

Thanks in advance

I've never done this, but I'm sure after you're satisfied with it, you should be able to call them up and request a port for your number. If this doesn't work though, I would buy a month from them and try it out. Then I would cancel it completely and reactivate with the port of your number.

Upvote 0
I did this. Bought the HTC One X and bought a sim for it. Used the phone for a couple of weeks and then ported my wife's number to it. Everything went smoothly.
Straight Talk porting department does NOT work on weekends. I would strongly recommend starting your port request on a Monday morning. If there are any issues or problems, this will give you some time to work things out instead of waiting 2 to 3 days :eek::eek:

BTW............porting OUT of Straight Talk is a whole different conversation...........lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones