• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Oh dear, stop me from getting another dog.

Yep, just hung up and the new nice lady is just going to call my references and the vet because she has to. Then she'll call me back to make arrangements for me to pick Luster up :D Looks like I'll have me a new gigantic dog sometime on Saturday or Sunday!

Upvote 0
RELEASE THE HOUNDS
release_the_hounds.gif

download.jpg

Upvote 0
I've always had 2, except for short breaks "between", like right now. I needed time to grieve (still am) and reset. So, 2 it shall be again. Now if the stupid lady would just call me...

I also couldn't get over how scary it was when Jessie passed away shame man I don't blame you... it was heavy Jessie was like my best friend in the whole world and then GONE... I love dogs soooo much...

Well I don't blame you for taking a long time to get another one... I miss Jessie terribly still to this day...

We have always had at least one great companion / dog in the house for no longer than I would say a few months. We couldn't take it any more the crazy creepy silence so we had to get another one... we love rescues more than buying a brand new dog. Jessie was a rescue... so was Horlicks... so is Nigella and so is Hope :)

The only 2 dogs we had that were not rescues were Helga and Hagar :D

I really like Hope in particular - the American Staffy is now my favourite breed they are extremely loving dogs I was blown away by Hopey.

I think your doggy there looks absolutely gorgeous! Shame poor thing! He looks frightened but oh so sweet :)

If you have the ability to take on another Piglet (my nick name for all dogs :D) then go for it! :)

I would take on another bubba (Doggy :D) but got so much work sometimes it's insane.

Awesome thread!

Dogs really are a man's best friend :D

pretty-sweet-dog_o_1138728.jpg

Upvote 0
Last year our 13 yr old grey--Rosie--developed osteoarthritis so bad we had to put her down. A week before Christmas.

Rosie.jpg

We were heartbroken. Gave all here stuff to the Humane Society and swore we'd never get another dog.

Then in the summer we got a application to renew her license. Well without getting too maudlin we went online (GPA) and saw a grey up for adoption in our area. Once we met her we were toast.

Ruby...

Ruby_3new.jpg

Upvote 0
Here is our replacement toy puppy of only 5 months old.
The bed she is laying on is a full size twin, so you can see, that she is kind of big already....
That is a special bed cover made for doggy toenails... and it has two big thick memory foam pads in it.

just how big does a Great Pyrenees get anyway?? dunno, but this one is tall and lanky right now.
and hungry, every minute of the day.

20161020_153325.jpg

Upvote 0
Both beauties DWF. Sorry to hear about Rosie, it's always so hard.

The one the coordinator really hopes Tickle will like is a male brindle named Raphael. I've seen his picture and he's a handsome fella, hope he and Tickle 'pick' each other. I'll be seeing him on Saturday.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones