• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OnePlus One Invite Info and Availability FAQ

kate

Dreaming of Bugdroid.
Aug 14, 2013
tingmobile.com
UPDATE: As of April 20, 2015 an invite is no longer needed to buy the OnePlus One:
https://blog.oneplus.net/2015/04/open-sales-for-the-oneplus-one-forever/

Below is the original info on their update system.

On the OnePlus forum they have released some info about when and how you will be able to get invites to buy the phone. The entire post is here, and below are some highlights:

Update (May 9, 2014): There are a few commonly asked questions regarding the invite system that I can help clear up:

How do I get an invite?

The main method of getting invites will be through others. In the beginning, when not a lot of other people have the device, you'll be able to get invites through contest and raffles. We have planned ways so our early fans, as well as people who weren't here from the beginning will be able to obtain invites.

When do the next batch of invites roll out?

The first real batch of invites roll out late May, and will be of the 64GB Sandstone Black version. Any invites that you might have been promised before this, will be sent during this time.

How long are invites valid for?
For invites that you receive, they are typically valid for 24 hours. If they expire, they get returned to sender so someone else can get a chance to buy it. Alternatively, you can ask for the sender to resend it to you. For invites that you can give away, they are usually valid for longer, usually 1-2 weeks.

How many invites can I give away?
This varies. In the beginning, the quantities will be smaller, but increased as time goes by. You will frequently receive new invites to give away as production ramps up.

When do I receive invites to give away?
You do not automatically receive invites when you purchase a phone. We will need to manually roll them out according to our operations situation.​

Update: We have received some great feedback over the past few hours, and understand that not everyone likes to hang out on online forums. I want to clarify that both those who have supported us from the beginning on the forums, and those who have been interested but not registered on the forums will have ways to get invites.

Update: Some have voiced concerns about there being a second market for invites. The Invite System was designed to counter this from the start, with us having full control over distribution and expiry times. The re-sale of invites will not be a major issue.

Update:
On the OnePlus One forums they announced invites will be given to some long time forum posters, and those invites will last for 24 hours. Their system will automatically allocate invites based on these three parameters:

• Your forum age - the earlier you joined our forums, the higher you will be ranked
  • Your participation - you must have a minimum amount of posts (it's less than what you think!)
  • Recent activity - we want our members to still be with us!

From what I've read they're focusing on manufacturing the larger storage options due to high demand. You may have to wait longer for the 16GB

Correct. They stated that due to the high demand, they have reversed their initial rollout wherein before it was going to be 16GB first and then the larger storage, it has now changed to the opposite. If I find it, I will edit this post.

I remember reading somewhere (Reddit? OnePlus forum?) that you can change the back cover as an accessory just like the Swapstyle covers.

At first, it doesn't seem like they will be with the beginning batches but they have multiple backs to swap out including a wood look and a carbon fiber look.

Edit 1 - Different swappable backs - http://www.phonearena.com/news/See-...StyleSwap-covers-in-these-live-photos_id55467

Upvote 0
Just saw a listing on e-Bay for one of the 1st 16GB versions. Pix looked legit, but, still far from my preferred method of getting one (waiting for 64GB version), not to mention the current bid of $740.

Can't imagine someone going through the trouble of obtaining a handset, only to turn around & re-sell it for a relatively minor amount of money.

On the other hand, I'd be willing to give up my QUALCOMM TOQ Smartwatch for an invite for a 64GB version.

Upvote 0
Sorry for getting this up so late. Real life has been happening in droves lately :)

PLEASE NOTE: You must be a registered user on the OnePlus forum to get a invite through this method. Filling out the form linked below to request an invite without being a registered user of the OnePlus forum is a waste of time, both theirs and yours.

Do not request an invite in this thread. Read carefully and use the form linked below!

iloveoneplus said:
JUST HIT 6000+ PEOPLE WHO WOULD LOVE TO GET THIS ONE! LETS MAKE IT 5000. MORE THE MERRIER!!!
***Updated 5/6/2014*******

Hey guys,

Tremendous work on this and thank you to everyone that signed up.

The final spreadsheet is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FEYUvofe6s60cXhn-ZM35lUmRxY046oXEHFmCCTKNcc/edit#gid=0

Please use this to access your name etc.

People who got the invite:

Please use this sheet to pass it on to the others. These should be all forum members who are really interested in the phone. Just use the email or the username on the forum to extend the invite out. Thank you guys, we all on the sheet absolutely appreciate the invite!

People who have already put their name on the sheet:

Please use the third column to say whether you want 16GB or 64GB or Don't Mind Either. It is a drop down option (Click on the small arrow) and chose your own option!

People who want to put their name on the sheet:

Use this form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19eYkNuAw7HmKs3YkS5VVi0EIKiZlcznlq2wSiM0571M/viewform?usp=send_form

Thanks guys! Let me know your thoughts if you have any better way to do this!

*********Updated 5/4/2014****

Hey guys,

We are an amazing 4500+ strong now! WOW!

Now that the invites are about to roll out. I am going to post the spreadsheet online soon.

1) The name/username field is going to be protected/locked. A 3rd column will be available to state whether you want a 16GB invite ONLY.
2) From looking at the forums, it seems that only 16GB are available before June. Please put Y ONLY if you want the 16 GB. 64 GB request has to wait till June as it is so let's not waste an invite on that.

3) Wait patiently until someone on that forum gets it and starts sharing it with others.

If you have a better idea, let me know and I happy to change it.

*********************************************************************************

A lot of people have started to worry about spam. In order to control spam, I have changed the sheet into a form now. If you signed up on the list earlier you are still on the list. Don't worry!! It is just hidden. I am just trying to protect your email from being spammed.

Just use the form and follow the instructions.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19eYkNuAw7HmKs3YkS5VVi0EIKiZlcznlq2wSiM0571M/viewform?usp=send_form

I will provide access to the full results again when the invites start rolling out. In this way we can keep the community members emails safe and stop people from taking advantage.

If you have a better way of providing access yet stopping people from spamming, please let me know and I will change it. I believe that is the ideal solution as well.

A lot of us are on the spreadsheet idle. I request the people that are idle or are not assisting with cleaning it up to close the spreadsheet so that others can have a chance to add directly. Remember, more people that get added the better it is! Thanks!

Obviously, all of us care about getting the OnePLus One phone. There will be invitations being send around so I created a basic spreadhseet to help us help each other. Please feel free to edit to make it even better. Let us all work together to make this happen! Please close the sheet once you have added yourself! If it doesn't work just copy the link directly.

OPO Invitation Sharing System for Forum Members - OnePlus Forums

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Sorry for getting this up so late. Real life has been happening in droves lately :)

PLEASE NOTE: You must be a registered user on the OnePlus forum to get a invite through this method. Filling out the form linked below to request an invite without being a registered user of the OnePlus forum is a waste of time, both theirs and yours.

Do not request an invite in this thread. Read carefully and use the form linked below!

OPO Invitation Sharing System for Forum Members - OnePlus Forums

Is this an official OnePlus One sign-up,or,just something a member created for the GP to use?

Upvote 0
Just got my invite for the 64GB model today & ordered immediately.

Got a question or two regarding the invites:

1) Is there any way to find out who sent the invite?

EDIT:Answered here (for my invite):

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/july-plan-for-early-supporters.43151/

We'll start sending early supporter invites out on July 7, and continue throughout the month. If you're an early supporter, you might want to whitelist account@oneplus.net to make sure that your invite does not get lost in the spam folder.
I was the 14th person to join the forum.

2) If anyone here has ordered &/or received their OPO + received invites to hand out,how much time lapsed between receiving your invite & receiving invites to give?

So,as of today,I do not have invites to give.
As for an ETA,here's that question answered in the FAQ section @ OnePlus:

You do not automatically receive invites when you purchase a phone - we need to manually roll them out according to our operations situation.​ In the beginning quantities will be smaller, but they will increase as time goes by. You will frequently receive new invites to give away as production ramps up.

I'll post in the general OPO forum (here@ ANDROID FORUMS) when it actually ships & when I take delivery.

As for the invites,when I do receive them,I will post in this thread & pass them all out in this forum to those who are interested & do not yet have an OPO of either variety (16 or 64GB) on a 1st come/1st served basis.

Reactions: CafeKampuchia
Upvote 0
Just got my invite for the 64GB model today & ordered immediately.

Got a question or two regarding the invites:

1) Is there any way to find out who sent the invite?

EDIT:Answered here (for my invite):

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/july-plan-for-early-supporters.43151/

[COLOR="Blue"]We'll start sending early supporter invites out on July 7, and continue throughout the month. If you're an early supporter, you might want to whitelist account@oneplus.net to make sure that your invite does not get lost in the spam folder.[/COLOR]
I was the 14th person to join the forum.

2) If anyone here has ordered &/or received their OPO + received invites to hand out,how much time lapsed between receiving your invite & receiving invites to give?

So,as of today,I do not have invites to give.
As for an ETA,here's that question answered in the FAQ section @ OnePlus:

[COLOR="Blue"]You do not automatically receive invites when you purchase a phone - we need to manually roll them out according to our operations situation.​ In the beginning quantities will be smaller, but they will increase as time goes by. You will frequently receive new invites to give away as production ramps up.[/COLOR]

I'll post in the general OPO forum (here@ ANDROID FORUMS) when it actually ships & when I take delivery.

As for the invites,when I do receive them,I will post in this thread & pass them all out in this forum to those who are interested & do not yet have an OPO of either variety (16 or 64GB) on a 1st come/1st served basis.

given the glacial pace of sales, i went ahead and got the moto g/lte already.l figured aliens from outer space would land before i got an invite.

Upvote 0
I have two invites to pass along.
First two members who PM me,they're yours.
I'll post who got them & will send them out within a couple of hours.
Along w/PM,include an e-mail address & it'll be on its way.

Good Luck! :)

Thanks for helping out the community. I was lucky enough to receive an invite today as well. My first invite will be going back to this community when I receive it.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones