• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][FINAL] CM7 7.2 RC1 - g60 style [7.11.12]

Thanks for the idea! I figured i'd try to wipe out cache + dalvik and reinstall the ROM first and see if that makes a difference. Sure enough the blob is gone! I'm curious to see if my 3G quality improves as well. Today, before doing this last wipe/reinstall, I wasn't able to use Skype over 3G at all in places where I didn't use to have any problems before with the previous versions of your ROM. 3G speeds were in the 10-80kbps range where they used to be in the 180-250 kbps range.

Reactions: g60madman
Upvote 0
I re-flashed this Monday to check out the new stuff and it was all jerky compared to the sharp, so I went back. I flashed it again today because I wanted wifi to go with my new nexus tablet; man this is all slick and smooth. I must have had a bad flash, lol, I used the same zip as before but what a difference. Kind of surprising actually; the wi-fi works great btw. The Nexus is pretty nice too

Upvote 0
I re-flashed this Monday to check out the new stuff and it was all jerky compared to the sharp, so I went back. I flashed it again today because I wanted wifi to go with my new nexus tablet; man this is all slick and smooth. I must have had a bad flash, lol, I used the same zip as before but what a difference. Kind of surprising actually; the wi-fi works great btw. The Nexus is pretty nice too

It doesn't happen often but I have seen a total of three others have the same issue. If any Roms built from source act up its normally a bad download. Yeah the nexus rocks got to root it at some point :)

Upvote 0
then goodbyes sharp, hello madman; once again, lol

I don't know about the Sharp ROM, but the U9000 ROM has working WIFI tether, you just have to change the MTU on your PC to 1472 (or is it 1427...?) for it to work properly. Could be the same with the Sharp ROM. USB tethering is usually a better idea- more of a pain, but less power consumption I think & less of a chance of the phone overheating.

Upvote 0
then goodbyes sharp, hello madman; once again, lol

I don't know about the Sharp ROM, but the U9000 ROM has working WIFI tether, you just have to change the MTU on your PC to 1472 (or is it 1427...?) for it to work properly. Could be the same with the Sharp ROM. USB tethering is usually a better idea- more of a pain, but less power consumption I think & less of a chance of the phone overheating.
I found the problem in the stock kernel where it sets it to 1472, but I have not successfully built a kernel yet. The thing is, U9000 and Sharp use the same exact kernel zimage. Hopefully soon I will have a custom kernel for both ROMs.

Sorry for the off topic madman, just wanted to clear some stuff up.

Reactions: g60madman
Upvote 0
I found the problem in the stock kernel where it sets it to 1472, but I have not successfully built a kernel yet. The thing is, U9000 and Sharp use the same exact kernel zimage. Hopefully soon I will have a custom kernel for both ROMs.

Sorry for the off topic madman, just wanted to clear some stuff up.

Cool, will they have OC capabilities too?

Upvote 0
FYI, the "screen stays blank after a call" problem is not fixed

If I am on a call, and the call drops, the screen does not come back for a good minute or so.

Huh- this problem is originally why I ditched CM7 for one of the Froyo ROMS, but I thought it had been fixed in this ROM. Good to know as I was toying with the idea of flashing it...

Upvote 0
FYI, the "screen stays blank after a call" problem is not fixed

If I am on a call, and the call drops, the screen does not come back for a good minute or so.

I've been using this ROM for 6 days and haven't experienced this. I use it for my business phone and it has handled all phone-related stuff perfectly. I even have a customer management app that asks if I want to log a note each time a call ends, and it still works perfectly for me.

Reactions: dsmryder
Upvote 0
First of all, as many have said, this ROM is fantastic!! Really makes the Triumph a worthwhile device.

I've done some Googling but can't seem to find any information about two annoying bugs I've seen. Any thoughts?

1) my missed call counter in the notifications pull down keeps incrementing and does not reset to 0 either when I hit clear or go into my missed calls. If memory serves correctly, on stock, when I would go into my missed calls, the counter would reset so that the next missed call I received would state 1 missed call.
2) On the stock ROM the voicemail icon would stay in the notification bar even after pressing the clear button. In this one, the icon disappears for a while then eventually comes back. I have toggled the Settings > Call Settings > Voicemail notifications setting, but neither state provides the expected result.

Again, thanks for the hard work on this ROM!!

Upvote 0
I've been using this ROM for 6 days and haven't experienced this. I use it for my business phone and it has handled all phone-related stuff perfectly. I even have a customer management app that asks if I want to log a note each time a call ends, and it still works perfectly for me.

Sounds like maybe a fluke then? I guess if the issue really was back, a bunch more users would have chimed in...

Upvote 0
First of all, as many have said, this ROM is fantastic!! Really makes the Triumph a worthwhile device.

I've done some Googling but can't seem to find any information about two annoying bugs I've seen. Any thoughts?

1) my missed call counter in the notifications pull down keeps incrementing and does not reset to 0 either when I hit clear or go into my missed calls. If memory serves correctly, on stock, when I would go into my missed calls, the counter would reset so that the next missed call I received would state 1 missed call.
2) On the stock ROM the voicemail icon would stay in the notification bar even after pressing the clear button. In this one, the icon disappears for a while then eventually comes back. I have toggled the Settings > Call Settings > Voicemail notifications setting, but neither state provides the expected result.

Again, thanks for the hard work on this ROM!!

Yeah, it's like that. Maybe you should look at MTDEV. ThisROM is final. It may get an update if g60feels froggy. But we are actively developing over there. Looks like we'll have a working FFC soon. Other than that, I think it's better.

Reactions: lynchburg25
Upvote 0
Yeah, it's like that. Maybe you should look at MTDEV. ThisROM is final. It may get an update if g60feels froggy. But we are actively developing over there. Looks like we'll have a working FFC soon. Other than that, I think it's better.

dsmryder is right if you are having issues with this ROM hop on over to the new ROM we are working on

http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...mtdev-rom-beta-cm-7-2-0-build-20120801-a.html

While it's in Beta it's still more solid than g60 IMHO. Mostly because the code is more stable as it's 7.2.0 and of course Chairshot and dsmryder have helped make it a better ROM! Once we get the FFC working it's lights out on g60 :D

g60 :bike: mtdev

Reactions: lynchburg25
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones