• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][FINAL] CM7 7.2 RC1 - g60 style [7.11.12]

No, you will need to download them separately.

As usual, figured out the answer once I flashed the ROM, booted & couldn't figure out where to add a Google account! :eek:

Been running it since last night and I think I'm back on CM7 for a while. Kudos to you for a fan-frickin'-tastic ROM! If the 7.2 ROM currently in alpha is going to improve on this, it is going to be amazing.

Just as a side not, ran Navigation on my way to work this morning and it looked (if the 3G notification icon is not lying) that I never dropped 3G while GPS was locked. Totally contrary to my experience with CM7 in the past on the MT, but I'll not ask too many questions & just thank the Android gods... :)

EDIT: BTW, it really is amazing how the CM7 ROMs run as smoothly as overclocked Froyo ROMs...really a shame that Motorola never released an official GB update for this phone.

Upvote 0
As usual, figured out the answer once I flashed the ROM, booted & couldn't figure out where to add a Google account! :eek:

Been running it since last night and I think I'm back on CM7 for a while. Kudos to you for a fan-frickin'-tastic ROM! If the 7.2 ROM currently in alpha is going to improve on this, it is going to be amazing.

Just as a side not, ran Navigation on my way to work this morning and it looked (if the 3G notification icon is not lying) that I never dropped 3G while GPS was locked. Totally contrary to my experience with CM7 in the past on the MT, but I'll not ask too many questions & just thank the Android gods... :)

EDIT: BTW, it really is amazing how the CM7 ROMs run as smoothly as overclocked Froyo ROMs...really a shame that Motorola never released an official GB update for this phone.

Yeah if you can deal with out recording video and using the front facing camera I would highly recommend using MTDEV 7.2.0. The GPS is much better, and with the next release should even prove faster locks. If you think g60 is smooth 7.2.0 is even smoother. We are still working on the camera issue, hopefully we will have it resolved soon.

Reactions: rcsrich
Upvote 0
My 7 days old VZ FIOS ONT died again and i'm tethering for the 2nd time in one week. I noticed the phone gets really hot when thethering, 10-15 minutes into it battery temperature is at 42C (81F ambient temp) and seems to be getting hotter by the minute. At 42.5C I unplugged the charger, pulled the battery cover, start to blow air on the back side, temp dropped to 39.5C then climbed again to 40.5C once I stopped blowing air. Anybody else experienced this or is it just my phone? What temperature should I consider as being too hot? I still have a month or so warranty but I'm not too crazy about replacing the phone as it's in great shape and has no issues other than a small light leak and some problems with the headset connector.
FYI, BatteryDrain app reports 60% per hour drain, Battery monitor app reports anywhere between 36 and 48% per hour drain.

Upvote 0
My 7 days old VZ FIOS ONT died again and i'm tethering for the 2nd time in one week. I noticed the phone gets really hot when thethering, 10-15 minutes into it battery temperature is at 42C (81F ambient temp) and seems to be getting hotter by the minute. At 42.5C I unplugged the charger, pulled the battery cover, start to blow air on the back side, temp dropped to 39.5C then climbed again to 40.5C once I stopped blowing air. Anybody else experienced this or is it just my phone? What temperature should I consider as being too hot? I still have a month or so warranty but I'm not too crazy about replacing the phone as it's in great shape and has no issues other than a small light leak and some problems with the headset connector.
FYI, BatteryDrain app reports 60% per hour drain, Battery monitor app reports anywhere between 36 and 48% per hour drain.

I think the MT can have heat issues while running wifi hotspot- you might try USB instead...

Upvote 0
I think the MT can have heat issues while running wifi hotspot- you might try USB instead...

Yeah, that's right. Think about what is going on. You have you cell radio kicking hard, the Wifi at full power, and you're charging the thing at the same time. I hope the screen isn't on too.LOL
I haven't teathered more than a few minutes. I can do the vast majority of the things I need to do with the phone itselt. Tethering would be just fufill my inner geek.
Anyway, Holla

Upvote 0
Anybody know how to get a custom shutdown animation on this ROM (or CM7 in general)? I added the groovy boot animation from FroyoCream by replacing the bootanimation.zip in the system/media folder with no trouble, but can't figure out how to do the same with shutdown. Form what I've found perusing online, the sequential .png files (usually 12 max) do not get zipped but get placed inside system/media/shutdown. this folder doesn't exist for me, so I'm wondering if I need to create it, or do I maybe just put the .pngs in the system/media folder?

Nothing critical, but would be nice to know. :)

Upvote 0
Yeah, that's right. Think about what is going on. You have you cell radio kicking hard, the Wifi at full power, and you're charging the thing at the same time. I hope the screen isn't on too.LOL
I haven't teathered more than a few minutes. I can do the vast majority of the things I need to do with the phone itselt. Tethering would be just fufill my inner geek.
Anyway, Holla

Last winter, a branch took out our internet & instead of waiting 3 hours on hold on the phone with the hapless masses reporting their internet outage, I tethered to my (then) OV and used the online chat feature & was done in 10 minutes. Perfect example of why you should be able to tether even if you think you'll never use it! ;)

Upvote 0
Last winter, a branch took out our internet & instead of waiting 3 hours on hold on the phone with the hapless masses reporting their internet outage, I tethered to my (then) OV and used the online chat feature & was done in 10 minutes. Perfect example of why you should be able to tether even if you think you'll never use it! ;)

And that's a good reason. I forgot why I did it myself. I know there are people who want to run their file sharing services with a $25 plan. Anyway I'm rambaling and I just got home:D

Posting even when I don't need to.

Upvote 0
Anybody know how to get a custom shutdown animation on this ROM (or CM7 in general)? I added the groovy boot animation from FroyoCream by replacing the bootanimation.zip in the system/media folder with no trouble, but can't figure out how to do the same with shutdown. Form what I've found perusing online, the sequential .png files (usually 12 max) do not get zipped but get placed inside system/media/shutdown. this folder doesn't exist for me, so I'm wondering if I need to create it, or do I maybe just put the .pngs in the system/media folder?

Nothing critical, but would be nice to know. :)

Mum's the word on this, huh? Maybe I'll just try making the /shutdown folder & putting the PNGs in there & see what happens...

Upvote 0
Mum's the word on this, huh? Maybe I'll just try making the /shutdown folder & putting the PNGs in there & see what happens...
I don't exactly know how to change the shutdown animation either, until I Googled it. I do know, however, that the boot animation can easily be changed. Try this URL: [Boot/Shutdown Animations] [4/28/11] A Huge Collection of Boots
It appears that changing the animation is pretty much universal to each Android phone luckily. Just make sure that you have set the appropriate resolution, as I'm guessing that could be a potential issue. Sorry for the delay in the response. :) Remember, though, (not targeting you!) but everyone could save the MTDEV team some stress if you guys can Google for answers and learn by yourselves, if possible. But if by all means, if you run into trouble searching for help, I'd be glad to assist. :D Remember, the internet is huge, and someone else is bound to have had the same issue at some point in time. I learned that when I learned Ubuntu. :D If anyone truly wants to master Android, Google you questions and learn. I am certain you guys can learn 95% of the important stuff without us at a faster pace. It's OK though, I ask questions all the time. Everyone's guilty of it...

Upvote 0

Well, what needs to be found is what it would take to add a shutdown animation to gingerbread. I have a full plate, but if someone can do the leg work, I can see how hard it would be to add it in.

Upvote 0
Well, what needs to be found is what it would take to add a shutdown animation to gingerbread. I have a full plate, but if someone can do the leg work, I can see how hard it would be to add it in.

I'd say don't waste the effort dsmryder- you devs have enough to focus on what with CM9 & 10 underway. I thought it would be something fun to add if it was easy- if not, no worries. :)

Upvote 0
I'd say don't waste the effort dsmryder- you devs have enough to focus on what with CM9 & 10 underway. I thought it would be something fun to add if it was easy- if not, no worries. :)

I did look into it last night. I didn't find anything useful. I think someone would have to find how it's done on another ROM from say the Asian variants. I think it's simple. I don't know what is run during the shutdown process. In the start up process there are several init scripts that are used, that's how the boot animation is started (and the boot sound in a couple of days)

Upvote 0
I did look into it last night. I didn't find anything useful. I think someone would have to find how it's done on another ROM from say the Asian variants. I think it's simple. I don't know what is run during the shutdown process. In the start up process there are several init scripts that are used, that's how the boot animation is started (and the boot sound in a couple of days)

Well, thanks again for looking into it!

Upvote 0
I noticed that when using other roms i had one bar with 3g, when using this one i only have 1rxTT with one bar i never get 3g which i find really frustrating :/

I haven't noticed that issue with this ROM- in fact, I often have no bars but still have 3G. If you're just now installing CM7, I'd do a full wipe & try reflashing the ROM or, better yet, flash the MTDEV CM7 ROM- it's more up to date than g60 Style.

Upvote 0
I think Skype on the MT might require a modified version to work properly- just search the Triumph forum for "Skype". Somebody set me straight if this is no longer the case!

I'm pretty suite you just need the gingerbread version. Sooooo that means no titanium backup on this one if you are coming from froyo. Especially if you have the modified version.

And I know Skype works on mtdev. (shameless plug)

Upvote 0
I'm pretty suite you just need the gingerbread version. Sooooo that means no titanium backup on this one if you are coming from froyo. Especially if you have the modified version.

And I know Skype works on mtdev. (shameless plug)

Thanks for setting the record straight- I have never used Skype on Android, was just going by what I thought I'd seen. :eek:

Upvote 0
Hi, is anyone experiencing an advertise pop daily or sometime two time a day. It pop up in the like "someone what to match you like that" I have been using this rom just two day and havn't have chance to go to those website. Just wonder is any experiencing this or just me when using this rom??

Random pop ups are almost always from apps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones