• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Star Trek - Discovery -- i am excited

dd56b8a4099445bbe589194fb82249f5.jpg

'nuf said!

Upvote 0
I want to be excited about this because Picard, but I'm hesitant since it seems to be spearheaded by one of the goons responsible for STD - and because I'm not going to sign up for an All Access subscription just to watch a single show.

Im exactly the opposite.. i want it to build on the good work of Disco, but am worried it will take the easy way out and sink down to the level of TNG....

Still, they might be able to get Patrick Stewart to do something interesting.... Maybe?

Upvote 0
i am trying out.. Deep Space Nine.
1st season..

wow.. acting sucks!!!
the captain and doctor.. they really bring the show down with their over the top acting.

I like the show in general... entertaining.
Dax is HOT!!

Watch Babylon5 instead.. .its better :) Especially if you start at season2

(HidingUnderTableEmoji)

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
i am trying out.. Deep Space Nine.
1st season..

wow.. acting sucks!!!
the captain and doctor.. they really bring the show down with their over the top acting.

I like the show in general... entertaining.
Dax is HOT!!

Yeah Terry Farrell is cute. Saw her recently at a Star Trek con. Really nice person, good with the fans.

I always thought captain Sisko's performance was quite understated. Quite the reverse of OTT.

Upvote 0
ok.. back on Discovery...
season 2.. episode 9

on my soap box...
SPOILER!!!!

so 3 women are headed over to a space station ..
one is Michael..
one is the android science officer.. (hidden bad person)
one is the security officer - an alien that requires special device to breath.
(one on each side of her mouth)

the station is damaged with no atmosphere. so they have to wear a space suit.
once the life support is started.. they push a button and the helmet disappears - retracts.
3 ladies get into a fight... android is trying to kill the other 2.

here is my issue:
the android pulls the SECURITY officer's special device off her face.. only 1 of the 2.
that Security officer is down.
cant even crawl!!! cant even help in the fight. cant eve shoot a gun!
1. she is useless.. as a tactical option.
2. something that important should have more protection or backups!
3. Here is what kills me: she is in a space suit!!! hello!!!! where is that helmet?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones