• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Texas shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
and i'm not talking about taking away guns. if you have them, that's fine. as long as you are a law abiding citizen, you have nothing to worry about. the guy next door who collects guns as a hobby has nothing to worry about.

Not going to address the vengeful neighbor scenario ?

It just so happens I live next to one that would do that to get even for his perceived hurt. The man is a candidate for the red flag law himself, not over guns, but over his state of mind !

I am curious what your continued reference to "common sense gun laws' entails, we have a stack of gun laws on the books now, are they not common sense enough ?

Common sense is a personal attribute, not applicable to a law or an enforceable trait.(not that any traits are enforceable)

For many common sense is NOT so common.

Emotional knee jerking laws have resulted in the do nothing gun control we are at now.

I will leave it at this, not interested in showing anyone a side of an issue that they are not comfortable with embracing.

Have a good weekend Sir.

Last edited:
Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0
And then we have this :

Texas Department of Public Safety Official Says Cops Were Reluctant to Take Out Uvalde Shooter Because ‘They Could’ve Been Shot’

1-937.jpg

The law enforcement response to the horrific school shooting at an Uvalde elementary school has been facing severe criticism after it was revealed that the shooter was alive inside the building for an hour without being taken out by police.

During this time, one brave mother drove 40 minutes from work, was handcuffed for trying to enter, talked police into freeing her, breached the perimeter, and went in and got her children out of the building.
Police officers also reportedly entered the building and rescued their own children during this time.
When questioned about the response by CNN’s Wolf Blitzer, Texas Department of Public Safety Lt. Chris Olivarez said that police were reluctant to engage the killer because they “could have been shot.”

Instead, they attempted to keep him in one room. Inside that room, a little girl was bleeding out and would later die at the hospital.
“Don’t current best practices, don’t they call for officers to disable a shooter as quickly as possible, regardless of how many officers are actually on site?” Blitzer asked Olivarez.

"They could've been shot. They could've been killed," Texas police lieutenant explains why law enforcement did not go into Uvalde school right away.

Fh-9JptRH3dN4Imf.jpg

5:08 PM · May 26, 2022

The official explained that though the police were in the building quickly, they heard gunfire and decided to wait for a tactical team to arrive while isolating the killer to that class — almost like those children were sacrificial lambs.

“The active shooter situation, you want to stop the killing, you want to preserve life, but also one thing that – of course, the American people need to understand — that officers are making entry into this building. They do not know where the gunman is. They are hearing gunshots. They are receiving gunshots,” the DPS official said.

“At that point, if they proceeded any further not knowing where the suspect was at, they could’ve been shot, they could’ve been killed, and that gunman would have had an opportunity to kill other people inside that school,” Olivarez continued.

Upvote 0
What's truly is tragic is the death of one of the teachers, Irma Garcia. Her husband, Joe, just past away from a heart attack because he was mourning the death of his wife. They leave behind 4 kids........... such tragedy!!!!!!

That comment hit very close to me. Because I had a heart attack("myocardial infarction") last month. Fortunately I'm still here to make this post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That comment hit very close to me. Because I had a heart attack("myocardial infarction") last month. Fortunately I'm still here to make this post.
OH NO!!!!!!!!!

i am glad you are ok. i had no idea.

and yes i heard that story and it made me really sad. the whole thing is so tragic.....especially when something like this could have been prevented from the very beginning.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
great now you are pretty much quoting Boubert which means this is a talking point for the right.

if we had an age limit, he would not have been able to buy TWO assault rifles. there is an age ;limit to buy alcohol, there should be one for guns as well.

i like Chris Rock's idea....bullet control

That seems like a good idea to me. You can have all the guns and assault rifles you like(as per the Second Amendment), but make the sales of ammunition like really (prohibitively) expensive, e.g. $5000 a bullet.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Drunk drivers kill, should we make the prices of a beer exorbitant to prevent alcohol deaths ?

Drugs are killing more people everyday than the combined number of gun related deaths, would raising the cost of Fentanyl prevent deaths ?

Guess it is not the cause, but the material used to get results, that cause all of these knee jerk reactions ....

Upvote 0
Drunk drivers kill, should we make the prices of a beer exorbitant to prevent alcohol deaths ?

Drugs are killing more people everyday than the combined number of gun related deaths, would raising the cost of Fentanyl prevent deaths ?

Guess it is not the cause, but the material used to get results, that cause all of these knee jerk reactions ....
thats such an old talking point.....come up with something new. its like talking to a wall with some of you guys.

with drunk drivers we take away their ability to drive, because their vehicle is registered......just like every gun should be registered.

and yes raise the cost of fentanyl and oxy. they are truly useless drugs anyways other than to get more people addicted.

so if it isn't the that's the issue, than what is? what would have stopped the a$$hole in Uvalde from killing? what's your solution? do you like cancun cruz's idea of locked doors and more guns? of turning schools into prisons?

i still like the idea of bullets being so exuberantly expensive as Chris Rock suggested.

Upvote 0
Registered and unregistered vehicles are still used to drink and drive and kill, revoking a license, makes no difference to the drunk driver, they are going to do it anyway! (just as banning guns will accomplish nothing, and remember, the rifles he purchased were registered !)

Why not just ban the drugs ? Or is there someone getting a kickback over all the illegal drugs entering our country ?

A report is now saying a teacher propped open the back door ....

My question, how did an 18 year old working at Wendy's pay for almost $4,000.00 in rifles and almost $3,750.00 in ammo and accessories in one week ?

Things that make yah go huuuummmmm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Registered and unregistered vehicles are still used to drink and drive and kill, revoking a license, makes no difference to the drunk driver, they are going to do it anyway! (just as banning guns will accomplish nothing, and remember, the rifles he purchased were registered !)

Why not just ban the drugs ? Or is there someone getting a kickback over all the illegal drugs entering our country ?

A report is now saying a teacher propped open the back door ....

My question, how did an 18 year old working at Wendy's pay for almost $4,000.00 in rifles and almost $3,750.00 in ammo and accessories in one week ?

Things that make yah go huuuummmmm.

Apparently it was payment plan. It seems as though he got the better part of that, as he, nor family, have to pay the remainder of it past the down payment.

Common sense gun laws, in the US specifically, would require a mental health evaluation and that there is a limit on how many weapons and how much ammo one can purchase within a set time frame. Any attempt to purchase more would automatically trigger a warning that would involve federal authorities. Age limits on high powered weaponry, and amendments to the 2nd that specify that if you want to own an "arm" from 1791 that it is your right, but that a modern weapon requirements these conditions to be met.

This is literal life and death at stake. Your 2A rights do not superscede the right to the life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Any attempt to purchase more would automatically trigger a warning that would involve federal authorities.

The Gun Control Act (GCA) of 1968 requires federal firearms licensees (FFLs) to send a report to ATF when there is a sale of multiple firearms to the same purchaser within a certain time period.

amendments to the 2nd that specify that if you want to own an "arm" from 1791

It was not about the weaponry is was about protecting ourselves from the government, which is appearing to be a reality !

Your 2A rights do not superscede the right to the life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Pretty sure that is not stated in the Constitution.

I believe raising the age of purchase will help.

I believe the red flag rule is going to cause lawsuits.

Just as the government wants to disarm the populace to "stop the gun violence" we on the other side want it stopped just as much, but not at the sake of removing our privileges to cater to the inability of the government to contain the real cause of the issue.

Band aid gun laws have been enacted everytime there is a shooting, and none of them have worked, butt, keep picking at the scab while ignoring the lesion.

Fwiw, none of my guns has EVER killed anyone or anything, (I do not hunt), I am guilty of, stepping on cocka roaches and spiders and swatting flies, killing them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones