• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The UPDATED Complete Guide: Root & Everything Else

Jonamerica

Apr 30, 2010
St. Louis, MO
jseggers.com
Hello all!

I've updated my complete guide so that it reflects new methods and procedures for obtaining root on Android 2.2 after the Nov OTA update.

The UPDATED Complete Guide: Root & Everything Else

The guide covers:

• Returning your phone to stock 2.1
  • Root via unrEVOked
  • unrEVOked forever
  • Titanium Backup
  • Wireless Tether
  • AdFree
  • nandroid
  • boot animations
  • removing unwanted apps
  • custom ROMs and kernels
  • Completing restores from Titanium and nandroid backups
  • Applying the Nov OTA update

Let me know if theres anything else that you think should be included.

-Jonathan

thanks! so you HAVE to go back to 2.1 in order to root? I would have thought by now there would be a method to root from 2.2.

AND my antivirus (Kaspersky) reports your downgrade to 2.1 file as a trojan!!!

There is no need to go back to 2.1. In fact if you have an Slcd device going to 2.1 will render your device less then usable.

OP I suggest you fix your post so you don't cause unneeded issues. There is no need for the "z4root" as unrevoked 3.22 works on all devices now.

Reactions: Jonamerica
Upvote 0
There is no need to go back to 2.1. In fact if you have an Slcd device going to 2.1 will render your device less then usable.

OP I suggest you fix your post so you don't cause unneeded issues. There is no need for the "z4root" as unrevoked 3.22 works on all devices now.

That's great! Last I checked unrevoked didn't work post Nov OTA - the guide has been updated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones