• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM][4.0.4] AOKP ICS B40/M6/Mods (7/8)

Okay, you know of my affinity for running Jelly Belly... but I had great allegiance to AOKP before that.

Is this thing worth flashing? Are all the customizations there, or is it a bare bones stock ROM? If so, no reason to flash it yet.

Anxiously awaiting your response! :)

It has battery customization, clock customization, and toggles at the moment. Even if it didn't have those things, smoother than JellyBelly as a stock ROM

Reactions: colchiro
Upvote 0
So what's broke on jb preview?

May have just been me but Titanium backup kept requesting superuser permissions and wouldn't "stick." My apps didn't auto restore from Google and clicking "allow" 10 times for each app to be restored in Titanium got old fast. Didn't have time to fiddle with it so I flashed back to Bugless. As others have said, there aren't as many customizations as 4.0.4 but it was smooth, fast and will be my next ROM once a couple of releases have come out and I have time to find out what was up with the superuser permissions not sticking.

Upvote 0
That means it doesn't work, which means if it wasn't a problem they fixed already, it won't be one they'll fix now...which means no more AOKP for me :(

Did you ever hear back from Google on this? Might be something to mention over at XDA too, see if someone is willing to take it on as a project, maybe? Although personally I might think Rootz might have a better chance of getting it fixed...

Upvote 0
Did you ever hear back from Google on this? Might be something to mention over at XDA too, see if someone is willing to take it on as a project, maybe? Although personally I might think Rootz might have a better chance of getting it fixed...

Google doesn't like to talk to their customers about custom ROMs :) their "fix" is to either reboot or factory reset. I'm going to have to just ask them to refund all of them. But then I still need a video streaming solution, something which I cannot find.

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0
So, M6 brought back the keyboard issue that I hadn't seen since around B35 or so.
DOH!

Also, not sure what the AOKP guys fixed, but back on B32 I started seeing a increase in idle battery usage overnight. I used to have 5% battery drop, which went as high as 20% at one point. I dumped a bunch of apps, but I still couldn't get down below 10% idle battery usage overnight. Well, they have fixed it with M6. I'm at 3% battery usage overnight, consistently, for the last 3 nights. Well done, guys.

Upvote 0
Okay, you know of my affinity for running Jelly Belly... but I had great allegiance to AOKP before that.

Is this thing worth flashing? Are all the customizations there, or is it a bare bones stock ROM? If so, no reason to flash it yet.

Anxiously awaiting your response! :)

No, XenonHD is much better at this point ;)

edit: and I should add Jelly Belly as well.

Upvote 0
Could someone please tell me what strip unicode is in the sms settings, strip unicode substitute characters, wth is that...? Lol
Really good question I have no idea even after Google-ing it lol.

I did see this "change Ş to s or ğ to g" so I'm guessing it removes foreign characters of some sort?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones