• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM][4.0.4] AOKP ICS B40/M6/Mods (7/8)

Would be a good time to lock this thread please staff'rs. AOKP has moved on to JB and this thread can still be available for others to do their research on. ;)

Normally we tend to leave these open in case anyone is still using it or prefer to use it over the next one. That way, if anyone has questions the thread is still usable for them! :)

Don't worry though, with time it'll die. ;)

Reactions: colchiro and jbdan
Upvote 0
I just jumped back to AOKP ICS because everything works great and I "need" the custom options. ;)

A few weeks from now I'll jump back to jelly bean when AOKP is better.

Normally we tend to leave these open in case anyone is still using it or prefer to use it over the next one. That way, if anyone has questions the thread is still usable for them! :)

Don't worry though, with time it'll die. ;)

Upvote 0
I just came back to this build as well - from Jelly Belly. Aokp m6 just works so well. I did like some of the features of jb though - voice to text, buttery smooth, camera, etc.

But I couldn't get Swype installed and that is a deal breaker. Sky Droid also wasn't working right. Everything works again on aokp.

I've clean installed Swype and restored from backup on a couple of jelly beans

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
I know there are newer roms out there but I really like AOKP and the customization. M6 was working great but now I get random power offs, reboots, and power cycle loops.

I'll move to their JB rom soon but would prefer to wait until bugs are ironed out.

Have you installed anything new that would cause this or messed with overclocking?

Upvote 0
Have you installed anything new that would cause this or messed with overclocking?

Not that I know of. And it's very sporadic. Just yesterday, I called someone...it rang once and BAM...phone shut off.

Earlier that day, I opened handcent to reply to a message. As soon as the keyboard opened (Swype), it shut off. And when I turned it back on, it got stuck in a boot cycle. I had to pull the battery and it rebooted fine.

Oh well...I'm not really here looking for answers to what caused my problem. I was just venting a bit. I know I should just flash the 7/29 JB rom but i'm lazy.

Upvote 0
I know there are newer roms out there but I really like AOKP and the customization. M6 was working great but now I get random power offs, reboots, and power cycle loops.

I'll move to their JB rom soon but would prefer to wait until bugs are ironed out.

Hey the same thing seems to be happening to me to. M6 was great but now all this random stuff is happening all of a sudden, Idk y...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones