• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] [Rom][Stock]VM Stock Roms 4.1.2

xclusive36

Android Expert
Jan 28, 2014
Maryland
www.litestep.com
Info:
I yanked the files from the V5 V6, V7 and V8 Firmware and created interchangeable Stock Roms. That means that if you are on one version and you want to switch to another then you can easily do so. Just flash in ClockworkMod Touch Recovery.

What is v5, v6, v7, and v8?
v5, v6, v7, and v8 refer to what Virgin Mobile Software update you currently have installed.
v5 = LS720ZV5
v6 = LS720ZV6
v7 = LS720ZV7
v8 = LS720ZV8

To find out which software version you are currently running:
Go to:
> Settings
> About phone
> Software information
>> Listed under Software version

If you are using an older version of ClockworkMod and want to use the newer roms, Please upgrade. The older cwm only works with v5 and not v6+.

Please keep in mind that these Roms are large files. Larger then the older stock v5 Roms. They also contain the modem (radio) and aboot partitions. The aboot partition included is what will allow you to switch back and forth interchangeably. The modem partition is an updated radio (cell) for your phone. It will allow you to get a better signal wile using less battery.

Don't forget to 'wipe data/factory reset' and 'wipe dalvik cache' in cwm.

Errors:
If you run into allot of errors after flashing the Rom, most likely somewhere the flash didn't perform correctly. To fix, re-wipe and flash again.

To restore 3G/4G Data
Go to Settings >
> System Updates
>> Update PRL
>> Update Profile
If there is an issue wile performing an update just reboot and try again where you left off.

v8 Stock rom info in Post # 2
v7, v6 & v5 Stock rom info in Post # 3

Details
Rooted - SuperSU app
init.d support in the ROM itself, and not in the kernel
Software version Interchangeable
Contains all Stock LG apps. none removed like older stock roms
Latest SuperSU
Latest Busybox
Latest Zipalign
No Bloatware removed

Deodexed Keyboard issues:
The Stock LG Keyboard does not like to run on deodexed roms and force closes every few seconds. Because of that it was removed from the deodexed roms. An aosp keyboard has been included as an alternative.

Big Thanks
ravollmer for testing
gherkaul for the new cwm touch recovery and for pointing me in the right direction
and all of the eager people who wanted to test

bkttk2, fieryfennix, lilrich1789, blondgod, and slkpmp.

Thanks guys

Base for Roms
Feel free to use these as a base to create your own roms. The Deodex roms are built to be skinned. Just link back to this forum thread as a source.

[size=+2]Stock v8 Odexed and Deodexed Roms for the Optimus F3 Virgin Mobile[/size]

These Roms are heavy in size. They were created from the files pulled from the Stock bin files.
They are heavy in size because I choose to give you a complete package. The same that you would get if you ran the unbrick directions.

To install:
Important!!
Install while in ClockworkMod Touch. It supports the v8 update. The older cwm does not

If you are using the older cwm v6.0.4.4 please upgrade to ClockworkMod Touch

Don't forget to do a 'wipe data/factory reset' and a 'wipe dalvik cache'. Especially if you are switching from v5 over to v7

Download:
Stock v8 Rom's https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/xclusive36/fx3/vm/stock
Note that this link points to multiple zip files. Pay attention to which files you are downloading.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[size=+2]Stock v5, v6, and v7 Odexed and Deodexed Roms for the Optimus F3 Virgin Mobile[/size]

These Roms are heavy in size. They were created from the files pulled from the Stock bin files.
They are heavy in size because I choose to give you a complete package. The same that you would get if you ran the unbrick directions.

To install:
Important!!
Install while in ClockworkMod Touch.

If you are using the older cwm v6.0.4.4 please upgrade to ClockworkMod Touch

Don't forget to do a 'wipe data/factory reset' and a 'wipe dalvik cache'. Especially if you are switching from one software version to another.

Download:
Stock v5, v6, and v7 Rom's https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/xclusive36/fx3/vm/stock
Note that this link points to multiple zip files. Pay attention to which files you are downloading.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So what do you guys think of the v6 stock roms? Do they seam snappier? Wifi work better? Deodexed rom keyboard look better?

I'm using the deodexed v6 rom. So far, everything seems fine. The only issue I've run into is viper4android. It won't install the driver. It says busybox is broken. I reinstalled busybox and still no luck. I had no problems on stock v6 routed with saferoot. Other than that, everything works perfectly.

Upvote 0
So I just ran saferoot successfully and tried again. I attached a screenshot of the error message. Even after saferoot, it still doesn't work. Root explorer and link2sd work fine though.

Attachments

• 1398718995358.jpg
    1398718995358.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 247
Upvote 0
So I just ran saferoot successfully and tried again. I attached a screenshot of the error message. Even after saferoot, it still doesn't work. Root explorer and link2sd work fine though.

You need to install Stericson's Busybox Installer to update busybox. Run the app and under "Install Busybox" you should see the version you have now. Click "Install" at the bottom left of the screen. This will update your busybox to version 1.22.1-Stericson and hopefully that will fix the problem.

Reactions: xclusive36
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones